Chicken Enchilada Pinwheel Recipe
Easy 7-Ingredient Chicken Enchilada Pinwheel Recipe, perfect for Super Bowl Sunday!
Looking for fast and tasty Super Bowl party snacks? I thought so.
The big game is only a few weeks away and I’m already working on my party menu.
I like to offer plenty of options for friends with various preferences and dietary needs. However, I also like to have a few no-fuss party snacks I know the majority of my party guests will gobble up.
This Chicken Enchilada Pinwheel Recipe fits into “quick and easy” category and is a real crowd-pleaser.
To Make Chicken Enchilada Pinwheels, start by mixing softened cream cheese with Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce. I prefer the medium or hot enchilada sauce, but used mild this particular day because I was feeding a bunch of little guys. Choose whatever level of spice you like best.
The cream cheese and enchilada sauce give the pinwheels a rich zesty flavor!
Spread the cream cheese mixture over puff pastry sheets. Then layer on shredded cheese, shredded chicken, and chopped cilantro.
Roll each pastry sheet into a log and freeze for just 15 minutes to firm the dough before cutting.
Cut the logs into thin rounds and spread them out on baking sheets.
Then bake until golden brown.
Just look at these crispy little enchilada bites!
Serve the Chicken Enchilada Pinwheel Recipe as-is, or top with silky Crema Mexicana (Mexican style sour cream) and a little more cilantro.
You can serve them straight out of the oven, but they are also good at room temperature.
If you want to make the rolls a day or two ahead, wrap them tightly in plastic and place them in the fridge, not the freezer.
Your game day guests are going to go nuts for these zesty cheesy little snacks.
I’d call that a touchdown!
Chicken Enchilada Pinwheel Recipe
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce (Spicy or Mild)
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 3/4 cup chopped cilantro divided
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican style cheese
- 1/2 cup crema Mexican optional (Mexican-style sour cream)
- Place the cream cheese in a small bowl. Add a couple spoonfuls of the enchilada sauce and mix until smooth. Add a couple more spoonfuls of enchilada sauce to the cream cheese and mix until smooth again. Repeat until 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce is mixed into the cream cheese. (If you add it all at once, you'll have lumps.)
- Lay both puff pastry sheets out flat on a piece of wax or parchment paper. Spread half the cream cheese mixture over each sheet. Then sprinkle half the shredded chicken, half the shredded cheese, and 1/4 cup cilantro over each sheet. One at time, tightly roll each pastry sheet into a log. Wrap both rolls in the parchment paper and freeze for 15 minutes only, to firm the pastry slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line several baking sheets with parchment paper. Use a serrated knife to cut each pastry roll into 20 thin slices. Lay them flat on the baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden.
- Allow the pinwheels to cool a little, then top with a drizzle of cream mexicana and a sprinkle of cilantro. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Old El Paso. All opinions are my own.
These are so cute my boys would go crazy for them!
This is actually one of my favorites.
Yum!!! I’m a huge fan of enchilada anything!
Hey, how cute are these, great for entertaining.
Perfect sized bites for game day!
these look so good Sommer! Have a great Monday
What tasty looking treats!
Need this now! Love the pinwheels :)
Sounds yummy. I do not get enchilada sauce here in rural France so going to try making my own spicy sauce. Will let you know how they turn out.