Superfood Fajita Bowls
Lean mean Superfood Fajita Bowls, irresistible and healthy? Absolutely!
Just look at all this color and texture!
It’s a power-packed dinner, that happens to be low fat, vegetarian, and gluten free.
Today’s Superfood Fajita Bowls are a treat at meal time, whether you are watching your diet or not.
They are loaded with rich creamy Old El Paso Refried Beans, fluffy quinoa, kale, charred fajita-style veggies, avocado, hard boiled egg, and pistachios. A little drizzle of fresh lime juice over the top pulls all these wondrous diversities together in a symphony of flavor.
Plus nearly every ingredient is a superfood!
Beans are high in protein, fiber, folate, and magnesium, yet low in cholesterol. Some studies show they can actually lower the risk of certain cancers.
Quinoa packs some major nutritional goodies. It is one of the only grains or seeds that offers all nine essential amino acids. Plus, quinoa is low fat and bursting with protein!
Kale provides more antioxidants than almost every other fruit and vegetable. It’s a great source of fiber, calcium, and iron.
Bell Peppers are considered by some to be the world’s healthiest food. They are low in calories, high in vitamins B6, C and E, protect your eyes from cataracts, and reduce bad cholesterol, the risk of diabetes, and inflammation.
Avocados are loaded with vitamin B5, B6, C, E, and K, plus fiber, potassium, magnesium, iron and zinc. The provide good unsaturated fats our bodies need for heart health.
Eggs are rich in nutrients, yet one of the most affordable sources of protein. A single eggs offers 6 grams of protein, plus omega-3 fatty acids.
Pistachios are a great source of fiber, protein, and potassium. To top it off, they are naturally cholesterol free!
See? You can’t argue with all this goodness.
Right now you can find all these superfoods and use the Target Cartwheel App to get deals on Old El Paso products, including refried beans!
Cartwheel is a free app that gives you a bar code for extra savings on specific items at Target stores. You simply add the discounts you want to your account, then let the clerk scan your bar code at checkout. It’s super simple!
Find Target Cartwheel discounts on Old El Paso Refried Beans, Taco Shells, Taco Boats and Taco Seasoning!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Old El Paso. All opinions are our own.
Superfood Fajita Bowls
- 1 can Old El Paso Refried Beans, Fat Free
- 1 cup dried quinoa
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 bell pepper, sliced into strips (any color)
- 1 small onion, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 6 tablespoons shelled pistachios
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Place the quinoa in a medium sauce pot with 2 cups water and 1 teaspoon salt. Set the heat on high and cover. Once boiling, stir and lower the heat to a simmer. Cover and simmer for approximately 15 minutes, until the quinoa absorbs the water and vent holes appear on the surface. Remove from heat and allow the quinoa to steam another 5 minutes. Then remove the lid and fluff the quinoa with a fork.
- Meanwhile, prep the remaining ingredients. Heat a skillet to high heat. Once hot, place the onions and bell peppers in the hot dry skillet. Sear for 1-2 minutes to soften and create char marks. Remove the veggies from the skillet and lower the heat to medium. Add the Old El Paso Refried Beans to the skillet. Stir and cook until warm.
- To assemble: Place warm refried beans in the bottom of four bowls. Top each bowl with 1/2 cup chopped kale, 1/2 cup cooked quinoa, charred onions and peppers, diced avocado, one chopped hard boiled egg, 1 1/2 tablespoons pistachios, and lime wedges. Squeeze the lime juice over the bowls and enjoy!
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
All of my favorite things in one bowl! I need to make this ASAP!
This bowl looks amazing! So much flavor and very filling!
Im loving the pistachios on top!
Love this healthy recipe!
This looks incredible!!! Perfect for midday lunch refueling!