Shrimp Tacos Recipe with Ranchero Sauce. These easy shrimp tacos are loaded with fresh produce and drizzled with creamy ranchero sauce, Ole!
Aging. It’s not all bad.
Yes, there is the occasional discovery of a gray hair, or a once cute freckle-turned sun spot. There is the sporadic ache in the back when you sit up in bed.
Yet there are a few good things about growing older:
- Beautiful memories that bring a tear to the eye every time your mind wonders.
- Depth and wisdom earned through unexpected trial.
When you’re young, you tend to think that as you age you will lose your sense of confidence when your body passes it’s peak. I find the exact opposite is the more common occurrence.
Every year I’m alive, I gain a bit more self-confidence. Every year I’m alive, I care a little bit less about what people think.
You stop making decisions based on what your peers will say about you. You stop caring whether people will take your actions and words the wrong way.
Since you no longer judge other people based on their appearance, you no longer worry if they will judge you.
Age offers a freedom that is unachievable in youth.
Age allows you to focus on what’s important in life and throw off superficial distractions. Growing older is a beautiful thing.
I like aging; I think I’ll keep doing it. That doesn’t, however, mean I plan to throw away my wrinkle cream.
This Shrimp Tacos Recipe with Ranchero Sauce is a quick and delightful meal for any night of the week. The shrimp are quickly grilled with a sprinkling of hot smoked paprika, then drizzled with a zesty and creamy Ranchero Sauce.
The Ranchero sauce is easy to whip up and and offers a bright, bold flavor. It is fabulous on shrimp, but also tasty on chicken, beef and pork.
Although the Shrimp Tacos Recipe with Ranchero Sauce are completely delicious, the highlight of this recipe is in the fixin’s. These shrimp tacos are loaded high with shredded red cabbage, grilled corn, avocado and grapes.
That’s right, I said GRAPES. Remember, I’m getting older, so I don’t care what ya’ll think anymore. *wink*
No really, the grapes on this Shrimp Tacos Recipe with Ranchero Sauce provide a cool, sweet pop that is the perfect complement to the smokey grilled shrimp and spicy smooth Ranchero Sauce.
The flavors and textures in these shrimp tacos are extremely well balanced.
A heavenly meal at any age.
More Grill Recipes:
Black Bean and Sweet Potato Quesadillas ~ Eat Live Run
Grilled Chicken Sausage Pita Sandwiches ~ Aggie’s Kitchen
Grilled Endive Salad ~ Never Enough Thyme
Shrimp Tacos Recipe with Ranchero Sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced (use half if sensitive to heat)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 whole roasted red pepper, chopped, jarred or homemade
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 cup stock, any variety
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- Hot smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 3 corn cobs, shucked and cleaned
- 1 1/2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 2 avocados, chopped
- Tortillas, 16 corn or 8 wheat
Preheat the grill to medium heat.
Add the oil to a sauce pan and place it over medium heat. Saute the onion, jalapeno, and garlic until soft--3-5 minutes.
- Add the red pepper, tomato paste, vinegar, sugar, cumin, stock and 1/4 tsp salt. Simmer for 10 minutes on low.
- Remove from heat and carefully pour into a blender. Add the cream and place the lid on the blender--sightly jarred so it can vent. Puree the sauce until smooth, then set aside.
Sprinkle the raw shrimp with salt pepper and paprika. Place the corn and the shrimp on the grill. Grill the shrimp for 2 minutes per side, until just pink. Grill the corn for 2 minutes per side, rotating to get char marks on all sides. When the corn has cooled a little, cut it off the cobs.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave. Place a bed of cabbage on the bottom of a tortilla, followed by 3-4 shrimp, corn, grapes and avocado. Drizzle with ranchero sauce and serve.