The Best Cloud Bread Recipe
Yield: 10 pieces
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:15 minutes
The Best Cloud Bread Recipe – Low carb, low fat, ketogenic, gluten free, grain free bread you can use for sandwiches on a low carb diet! You are going to love this!!
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 ounces low fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. If you have a convection oven, set on convect. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Separate the egg whites and egg yolks. Place the whites in a stand mixer with a whip attachment. Add the cream of tartar and beat on high until the froth turns into firm meringue peaks. Move to a separate bowl.
- Place the cream cheese in the empty stand mixing bowl. Beat on high to soften. Then add the egg yolks one at a time to incorporate. Scrape the bowl and beat until the mixture is completely smooth. Then beat in the Italian seasoning, salt, and garlic powder.
- Gently fold the firm meringue into the yolk mixture. Try to deflate the meringue as little as possible, so the mixture is still firm and foamy. Spoon 1/4 cup portions of the foam onto the baking sheets and spread into even 4 inch circles, 3/4 inch high. Make sure to leave space around each circle.
- Bake on convect for 15-18 minutes, or in a conventional oven for up to 30 minutes. The bread should be golden on the outside and firm. The center should not jiggle when shaken. Cool for several minutes on the baking sheets, then move and serve!
NOTE: 1) The Best Cloud Bread Recipe can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for several days. However the texture is best if eaten within 12 hours of baking. 2) Go easy on the garlic powder the first time you make it. I like adding 1/2 teaspoon, but that might be a little much for some palates.
Yield: 10 pieces, Serving Size: 10
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 35 Calories
- Total Fat: 2.1g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Sodium: 153mg
- Carbohydrates: 0.6g
- Sugar: 0.2g
- Protein: 3.4g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
PAGE: 1 2