Fluffy French Silk Pie
Yield: 1 large pie
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 unbaked pie crust, store-bought or homemade
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate + extra for shavings
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large pasteurized eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place the pie crust in a large 9 inch pie pan. Crimp the edges. Then place a piece of parchment paper over the pie crust and fill the parchment with dried beans or ceramic pie weights. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the edges are golden. Lift the parchment with the weights out of the pie crust, and allow the crust to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, melt 6 ounces of chocolate in a double boiler. The moment the chocolate is melted remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Place the heavy cream in the bowl of an electric mixer with 1/4 cup sugar. Using a whip attachment, whip on high until the cream is whipped into firm peaks. Move the whipped cream into another bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Using the same mixing bowl and a paddle attachment, beat the butter and 3/4 cup sugar on high until light and fluffy, at least 3 minutes. Turn on low and slowly add the cooled chocolate to the butter mixture, followed by the vanilla and salt. Scrape the mixing bowl and beat again until smooth.
- Turn the mixer on high. One at a time, add an egg and let the mixer beat the egg for at least 3 minutes, before adding the next egg. This insures a super silky texture. After 12 minutes of beating on high, turn the mixer off. Gently fold 1/3 of the whipped cream into the mixture using a spatula. Fold until smooth.
- Scoop the chocolate mixture into the cooled pie crust. Top with the remaining whipped cream. Then shave chocolate over the top with a veggie peeler. Chill for at least 3 hours, until the chocolate filling is firm.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
PAGE: 1 2