No-Bake Key Lime Pie
Easy No-Bake Key Lime Pie – Frozen Key Lime Pie is a refreshingly sweet and tangy summertime treat! This lime icebox pie recipe couldn’t be any simpler to make, and is perfect to prepare ahead to keep in the freezer.
Key Lime Pies
I love to bake sweet desserts. A lot. Cakes, cookies, crumbles, and crisps – and, of course, pies! Featuring a tender, firm crust and loaded with nearly any goodies you can imagine, homemade pies are simply the best, IMO.
But who wants to actually turn on the oven during the hot summer months to bake? (I mean, pies are amazing, but are they turn-your-kitchen-into-a-sweaty-mess amazing? Before you answer…)
Thankfully there are lots of delicious no-bake pie recipes to beat the heat! These recipes for Fluffy No-Bake Chocolate Banoffee Pie and Fluffy No-Bake Strawberry Cream Pie are just some of our classic favorites you’ve got to try.
We recently shared our super easy recipe for Lemon Icebox Pie, and it’s been a big hit. So we thought it should also be turned into an equally simple and amazingly flavorful No-Bake Key Lime Pie recipe.
This frozen Key Lime Pie is going to be your new go-to treat for summer. It’s so easy to throw together and make ahead for all of your backyard barbecues and potlucks! And it is super flavorful. It is definitely the best key lime pie recipe ever!
No-Bake Key Lime Pie
In the Lemon Icebox Pie mentioned above, we offered two ways to prepare: a two-layered version with a whipped topping, and an option where the Cool Whip is folded in with the pie mixture to make one layer.
For this recipe, we decided to simply mix all of the whipped topping into the key lime mixture to create a super light and fluffy single layer. This lime icebox pie is much more like a “Chantilly” Key Lime pie I had on Marathon Key last year. I swear it tastes just like being at the beach.
And it couldn’t be easier to prepare! Simply make a quick no-bake graham cracker crust, blend the filling ingredients (no cooking needed), pour the filling into the crust, and freeze. That’s it!
Before you know it you have a refreshing, bright, wonderfully sweet, and tart dessert that everyone will love to enjoy on a hot day!
Ingredients for Frozen Key Lime Pie
There are two main components included in our fabulous Key Lime Icebox Pie recipe: a graham cracker crust and the creamy, tangy lime filling.
You certainly can use a store-bought crust if you prefer, but you might be surprised by how easy it is to prepare from scratch.
To make a homemade graham cracker pie crust you need:
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Granulated Sugar
For the no bake key lime pie filling you need:
- Cream cheese
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Key lime juice
- Lime-green food coloring (optional for that classic vibrant green lime color)
- Cool whip
Key limes can be hard to find in some regions, but you can usually find bottled key lime juice in the baking or cocktail/beverage section of the market.
I also recommend garnishing the icebox pie with fresh lime zest for a hint of bright flavor.
How to Make a Graham Cracker Icebox Pie Crust
First, set out a 9-inch pie pan and a food processor. Place the graham crackers in the food processor. Lock the lid into place and pulse into a fine crumb. Then add in the melted butter, sugar, and salt. Pulse to combine.
Dump the graham cracker crumble into the pie pan. Use your hands to press it into an even layer over the bottom of the pan and up the sides. Refrigerate until ready to fill.
How To Make No-Bake Key Lime Pie
Next, wipe out the food processor bowl. Then add in the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and lime juice. Puree until smooth. (Add food coloring here if desired.)
Remove the food processor blade. Scoop the Cool Whip into the lime mixture.
Use a spatula to fold the Cool Whip into the mixture, until very smooth. Pour or scoop the whip cream filling into the pie crust.
Then place in the freezer for at least 4 hours, undisturbed.
Get the Complete Printable No-Bake Key Lime Pie Recipe (Ice Box Pie) Below. Enjoy!
Frozen Key Lime Pie Serving Suggestions
When ready to serve, sprinkle fresh lime zest over the top, if desired.
Cut into pieces while frozen. Let each piece sit out at room temperature for 10 minutes, then serve slightly softened.
- If you can’t find key limes or bottled key lime juice, you can use regular limes for an equally as delicious no-bake pie!
- Instead of graham crackers, use your favorite shortbread cookies or plain sugar cookies as the sweet crust!
- Top it with extra whipped cream! You can top it off with dollops of canned or homemade whipped cream!
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I prepare this as a gluten-free no-bake Key Lime Pie recipe?
Easily swap traditional graham crackers with your favorite gluten-free graham crackers.
Can I use a store-bought graham cracker crust?
Absolutely! To make this recipe even easier, you can definitely use a store-bought graham cracker crust.
How long can homemade Key Lime Pie be kept in the fridge?
You can keep the pie covered with plastic wrap and in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days. Yet it is best to keep it in the freezer!
Can this lime icebox pie be frozen long-term?
Definitely! First wrap the pie in plastic wrap, then in a layer of aluminum foil. Keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to serve, cut the pie and let the slices sit for several minutes to soften before enjoying.
Looking for More Delicious Summer Dessert Recipes? You’ll Love:
- Lemon Blueberry Icebox Cake
- Kahlua Coconut Icebox Cake
- Best No-Bake Chocolate Lasagna Recipe
- Buster Bar Ice Cream Cake
- Chocolate Caramel Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Check the printable recipe card below for nutritional information including calories, protein, saturated fat, sodium, and fiber percentages.
No-Bake Key Lime Pie Recipe
For the Graham Cracker Crust –
- Set out a 9-inch pie pan and a food processor. Place the graham crackers in the food processor. Lock the lid into place and pulse into a fine crumb. Then add in the melted butter, sugar, and salt. Pulse to combine.
- Dump the graham cracker crumble into the pie pan. Use your hands to press it into an even layer over the bottom of the pan and up the sides. Refrigerate until ready to fill.
- Wipe out the food processor bowl. Then add in the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and lime juice. Puree until smooth. (Add food coloring here if desired.)
- Remove the food processor blade. Scoop the Cool Whip into the lime mixture. Use a spatula to fold the Cool Whip into the mixture, until very smooth.
- Pour/scoop the filling into the pie crust. Then place in the freezer for at least 4 hours, undisturbed.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle fresh lime zest over the top, if desired. Cut into pieces while frozen. Let each piece sit out at room temperature for 10 minutes, then serve slightly softened.