Mini Banana Cream Pie Recipe
Aren’t itty bitty desserts the best?! You are going to love this Mini Banana Cream Pie Recipe, individually portioned for one, two, three bites at a time!
But honestly, just look at these little guys!
Who could resist these darling little bites of sweet southern goodness?
My Banana Cream Pie Recipe is one of my family’s all-time favorites. Carson would have classic banana pudding with vanilla wafers for every meal if I’d let him.
So it’s no wonder we came up with a way to combine the two into tiny little treat you can pop by the handful. We call it banana pie therapy… It works for curing rainy day blues, along with all sorts of cranky ailments.
To make this Mini Banana Cream Pie Recipe, start by popping a Mini Nilla Wafer in mini muffin pans with mini muffin liners… that’s a lot of itty bitty.
Then beat together an easy 4-ingredient pudding filling. Don’t be tempted to buy “instant banana pudding” because it tastes weird. Use vanilla pudding mix and real banana slices.
Then pipe (or dollop) the filling into the liners and press it down with a fresh banana slice.
Cover the tops with more filling and tap the pan to fill out the liners.
Top the Mini Banana Cream Pie Recipe with another slice of banana and another Mini Nilla Wafer. Then refrigerate to set.
Waiting is the hardest part of the recipe.
Once the Mini Banana Cream Pie Recipe has firmed up, you can peel off the paper liners and enjoy. You can even freeze them in the pans, then pop them in a freezer bag and save for a rainy day… or bad report card.
Let’s hope for rain.
This pocket-sized Mini Banana Cream Pie Recipe is just what you need to start off the school year on the right foot.
One tiny pie in a lunchbox will send a big message of love, and two is even better.
P.S. Feel free to use low fat cream cheese and milk, or go for the gusto and use full fat everything.
Check out this amazing classic Banana Pudding Recipe!
Mini Banana Cream Pie Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3.4 ounce box instant vanilla pudding
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4-5 ripe bananas
- 1 box Mini Nilla Wafers
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese with the sugar. Then slowly add in the milk and beat until smooth. Finally, very slowly beat in the instant pudding powder. Scrape the bowl and beat again for 2-3 minutes until thick and smooth.
- Scoop the vanilla pudding mixture into a large piping bag with a wide tip. Then peel and cut the bananas into thin rounds. Pipe a dollop of pudding mixture on the bottom of each muffin liner.
- Press a banana slice down into each muffin liner, then pipe more pudding mixture over the top. Tap the muffin pans to help the filling settle. Then place a banana slice and a Mini Nilla Wafer on top of each little pie. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to set, then serve.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!