No-Wait Frosé Recipe (Instant Frozen Rosé)
How to Make Frozen Rosé – Cold and sweet Frosé is the perfect boozy beverage to serve at your summer gatherings. This quick and easy frose recipe includes vodka, rosé wine, and frozen strawberries to make a delicious slushy drink in an instant!
What is Frosé?
Frozen rosé, also known as Frosé, is a fabulously fun and fruity spring and summer beverage. It’s a cold slushy drink that’s perfectly sweet without a strong alcohol taste.
However, most recipes require a long chill time in the freezer. Yet when I want to whip up a pitcher of Frose for an impromptu girls’ night or backyard get-together, I do not have time to wait.
So we’ve made a drink that’s way more than just frozen rose. Our super easy Frosé recipe is made using a basic blender and is ready in only 5 minutes. This fabulous frozen blended cocktail drink includes rose (also known as blush or pink wine), plus vodka, frozen strawberries, and a bit of sugar to enhance the sweetness.
Whip up a batch right before guests arrive, or make it ahead of time and freeze until ready to enjoy.
Ingredients You Need
This is a ridiculously easy 5-ingredient and 5-minute frozen rosé wine recipe. You simply need:
- Vodka – we recommend using a quality vodka for a smooth taste
- Granulated sugar – helps to mellow the alcohol flavor, but is optional (Aaso try with honey or maple syrup)
- Whole frozen strawberries – to create the perfect slushy consistency and fruity flavor
- Bottle of rose wine – also known as pink or blush wine
- 1-3 ice cubes – to thicken up the slushy drink even more, if needed
We also suggest that you have some fresh strawberries on hand to garnish.
How to Flash Freeze Strawberries
Have extra fresh strawberries to use? Flash freeze them to use in all kinds of delicious drink recipes, from healthy fruit smoothies to boozy beverages like this frose recipe!
Here’s how to make your own frozen strawberries at home:
- First, rinse and thoroughly dry the berries.
- Then use a sharp knife to hull them (remove the green stems).
- Place the strawberries on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, and stick it in the freezer for one hour.
- Immediately use to make frozen rose, or transfer to an airtight freezer bag.
Homemade flash-frozen strawberries will keep well for about 3 or 4 months in the freezer. (Yet if you are in a hurry, just buy a bag of frozen strawberries, the strawberry flavor is similar either way.)
How to Make The Best (Instant) Frozen Rose Slushie
You are one blender and 5 minutes away from enjoying a refreshingly cold, wonderfully sweet adult drink. Follow these 3 simple steps to prepare the best frose in a flash:
First, set out a large high-power blender. Add the vodka and sugar. Cover and puree for 1 minute to dissolve the sugar.
Next, add the frozen strawberries and rosé wine.
Cover and pureé until smooth. Test the consistency. If needed, add 1-3 cups of ice to thicken the frosé. Purée again if needed.
PRO TIP: Depending on the power of your blender and the weather, sometimes blending the ice is unnecessary. When I make this in the summer, and the house is warm, I usually add about 2 cups of ice.
However, if I prepare it on a mild spring day I usually skip the ice, and the slushy is still perfectly chilled.
Pour rosé wine slushie into glasses and serve immediately, or freeze until ready to enjoy.
Get the Complete (Printable) Strawberry Frosé Recipe + VIDEO Below. Enjoy!
Frosé Recipe Tips and Variations
- Make-ahead – The Frosé will not fully freeze through due to the alcohol content, so you can keep it in the freezer for several hours if needed.
- Sparkling Frosé – If serving immediately, you can also use sparkling rosé for a bit of effervescence!
- Garnish – Add sliced strawberries or mint leaves for a pop of freshness.
- Non-alcoholic – The thing is that you technically cannot make frozen rose without, well, rose. For a tasty and slushy strawberry drink without alcohol try this Agua Fresca recipe!
Looking for More Refreshing Drink/Summer Cocktails Recipes?
- Frozen Coconut Mojito with Fresh Mint Leaves
- The Best Pina Colada Mix
- Frozen Strawberry Margarita
- Rose Sangria Recipe
- Perfect Mojito (Pitcher Recipe)
- Mango Smoothie with Green Tea
- How to Make Simple Syrup
- White Wine Sangria with Fresh Fruit
- Buttery Nipple Shot with White Rum Floater
- The “Champ” Bourbon Cocktail with fresh lemon juice
- Raspberry Mojito with Basil
- Best Vegas Bomb with Peach Schnapps
Check the printable recipe card below for the nutrition data including calories, carbohydrates, protein, sodium, potassium, fiber, vitamin c, and calcium percentages.
No-Wait Frosé Recipe (Instant Frozen Rose!) + VIDEO
- Set out a large high-power blender. Add the vodka and sugar. Cover and puree for 1 minute to dissolve the sugar.
- Next add the frozen strawberries and rosé. Cover and puree until smooth. Test the consistency. If needed, add 1-3 cups of ice the thicken the frosé. Puree again if needed. **Depending on the power of your blender, sometimes the ice is unnecessary. When I make this in the summer, and the house is warm, I usually add about 2 cups ice.
- Serve immediately, or freeze until ready to use. The Frosé will not fully freeze through due to the alcohol content, so you can keep it in the freezer for several hours if needed.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!