Frozen Coconut Mojito
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Frozen Coconut Mojito Recipe – A creamy tropical cocktail that combines the appeal of a pina colada with refreshing mojito flavors of mint.
Pina Colada and Mojito in One Drink???
Crazy about mojitos? Crazy about Pina coladas? This creamy Frozen Coconut Mojito recipe is laced with coconut, yet offers the limey-mint quality we know and love!
How to Choose Your Cocktail
There’s no better way to get your mind off a long tedious work-week than to splurge on a fruity cocktail with friends.
The problem is, I can never decide which drink to go with, and I’m too much of a light-weight to handle more than one. Maybe two.
So more often than not, I opt to go with a beverage that combines the appealing attributes of multiple cocktails so I can get the biggest bang for my buck, so to speak.
Today’s Frozen Coconut Mojito is just such a beverage.
Coconut Mojito Recipe Two Ways:
- Frozen: It’s essentially a mojito. Yet it’s made with coconut rum instead of white rum, then sweetened with cream of coconut instead of simple syrup.
Oh yes, then it’s blended with ice instead of poured over ice for a cool silky finish.
- Iced: You can skip the blending. Instead, pour this delicious mixture over ice. Pop a lime wedge on the rim of the glass, stir it all together, and you have one great cocktail.
The Best Mojito Recipe
In one simple recipe, you get the texture and coconutty creaminess of a pina colada, with the quintessential flavor of a mojito, and little bits of fresh mint speckled throughout.
Boozy tropical heaven!
If you close your eyes while sipping, you can almost imagine your toes in the sand and gentle waves crashing in the distance.
Frozen Coconut Cocktail For All Occasions
This Frozen Coconut Mojito is a marvelous beverage to serve on girls-night-in, at a neighborhood party, or at a Sunday afternoon picnic.
If you plan to make this Frozen Coconut Mojito recipe for a crowd, make sure to buy a big bag of ice. It goes fast!
- Cream of Coconut – Sweet coconut cream often used in mixed drinks.
- Coconut Rum – Coconut flavored rum to double the coconut flavor.
- Fresh Lime Juice – Fresh citrus juice makes a huge difference, don’t buy bottled juice.
- Fresh Mint Leaves – Adds some fresh herbal flavor that provides a contrast from the tang and sweetness.
- Ice – Blended in to make this drink thick and frozen.
Get The Full (Printable) Recipe Below For How To Make Frozen Coconut Mojitos.
How Do You Make a Mojito?
- Pull out your blender, and place the ice into the jar.
- Pour coconut rum on top of the ice.
- Then add in cream of coconut to thicken the drink.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice and add that to the jar.
- Add a few fresh mint leaves and close the lid on the blender.
- Blend the whole mixture until it becomes a silky smooth frozen beverage.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with a lime wedge and mint leaves. Enjoy!
Looking for More Amazing Cocktails Like This?
We have released a brand-spanking new ebook called Craft Cocktails for the Home Mixologist.
It’s a digital cookbook to keep on your phone or tablet, so you can make amazing cocktails no matter where you wander!
Buy and download your copy here…
Or bundle it with our other ebook Brilliant Bundt Cakes and save money!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Frozen Mojito?
A frozen mojito is a drink that is blended up with ice giving it a slushy consistency. It’s often more like a treat than just a drink.
Do Mojitos Have Salt?
No, there are some drinks that might benefit from having a salt or sugar rim, but this frozen mojito does not need one. A regular mojito does not benefit from a salt rim either.
What Is The Best Rum For Mojitos?
In a classic mojito, white rum would be best, (like Bacardi). For this frozen coconut mojito, we use coconut rum, (like Malibu).
Looking for a super simple quicky frozen margarita recipe? Check out these Easiest Frozen Margaritas.
Similar Drink Recipes:
- Basil Raspberry Mojito
- Drunken Monkey Cocktail
- Late Summer Negroni
- POG Punch Hawaiian Cocktail
- Goombay Smash Caribbean Cocktails
You can also find Craft Cocktails for the Home Mixologist on Amazon!
Frozen Coconut Mojito
- 4 ounces cream of coconut
- 4 ounces coconut rum
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- 4 cups ice
- Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender with 4 cups of ice. Blend until completely smooth, then pour in glasses.
- Garnish with mint and lime slices if desired.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!