Best Vegas Bomb Recipe
How to Make a Vegas Bomb Shot – This classic cocktail recipe includes whiskey, peach schnapps, and Red Bull for a fun drink with some serious zing. It’s a winning concoction to enjoy a bit of Vegas anywhere you are!
The Best Vegas Bomb Recipe
Now, this is not what I would call a “casual weekend” cocktail. Straight-up, there’s no sipping here.
However, if you are hosting a 21+ party with a bit of flair, these fruity and strong Vegas Bombs are sure to be a big hit!
Booze and caffeine are combined into one explosive beverage to keep you loose and ready to rumble all night. Cranberry juice, whiskey, and peach schnapps are shaken together and poured into a chilled glass. Then bombs away, a shot of Red Bull energy drink is dropped in. It’s traditional to then quickly drink up the cocktail. But hey, we don’t blame you if you take your time.
This is a very slight variation from the original Vegas-born beverage. We made our recipe a touch more boozy, because what happens in Vegas…
What’s in a Vegas Bomb?
For this recipe we use:
- Cranberry juice – juice cocktail, not pure cranberry juice (which is super tart)
- Crown Royal – or other preferred whiskey
- Peach schnapps – for a bright fruity flavor with a kick
- Red Bull – energy drink
You can prepare this drink over ice, if you prefer.
How to Make this Recipe
Instructions: First, chill all ingredients and glasses. The cold helps make the cocktail taste much smoother, without watering it down with ice.
When ready to prepare the drinks, set out a tall glass tumbler and a shot glass.
Measure and pour the cranberry juice, Crown Royal, and peach schnapps into the tumbler.
Stir or shake well, then pour into chilled glass.
Next, pour the Red Bull into the shot glass.
Serve both glasses and let the partaker drop the shot of Red Bull into their tumbler. Messy but fun!
Get the Complete (Printable) Vegas Bomb Cocktail Recipe Below. Enjoy!
Fun Tip: The higher you hold the shot glass above the tumbler, the bigger the splash!
Recipe Variations and Tips
To dilute the beverage and/or reduce the splash factor, add ice before dropping the shot.
This recipe is for one drink. Increase the ingredients to prepare the number of cocktails you need. However, I recommend that you make them one at a time… For safety purposes. *wink*
Some people use other flavors of schnapps or flavored rum instead of peach schnapps, but still with the classic combination. However, to mix things up, try this it with a splash of Malibu or Pineapple Rum, instead of or in addition to the peach schnapps.
In fact, there are so many fun variations of the Vegas Bomb recipe that boozemixer.com has an entire page of ideas! Here are a few of our favorites:
- Crapple Bomb: sub both cranberry juice and peach schnapps with apple pucker
- Vanilla Ice Bomb: made with vanilla vodka and sour apple pucker
- Jager Bomb: a classic, made with only Jagermeister and Red Bull
Looking for More Fabulous Cocktails? Be Sure to Also Try These Recipes:
- Buttery Nipple Shot Recipe (with Rum Floater)
- Slippery Nipple Shot (Cocktail Recipe)
- Screwball Peanut Butter Whiskey Drink
- Plum Ginger Whiskey Sour
- The Champ Bourbon Cocktail
Best Vegas Bomb Recipe
- Chill all ingredients.
- Set out a tall glass tumbler and a shot glass.
- Measure and pour the cranberry juice, Crown Royal, and peach schnapps into the tumbler. Stir well.
- Then pour the Red Bull into the shot glass.
- Serve both glasses and let the partaker drop the shot of Red Bull into their tumbler. (The higher they hold it, the bigger the splash.)
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!