Plum Ginger Whiskey Sour
We’ve got a fabulous whiskey sour recipe today, the Plum Ginger Whiskey Sour. This light frothy sensation is bursting with fall flavors… Just the kind of cocktail to sip with friends on an autumn evening.
PLUM GINGER WHISKEY SOUR:
This cocktail is a variation on a classic whiskey sour recipe.
However, a rich plum syrup and fresh ginger juice make it a perfect cocktail for transitioning into fall.
Egg whites are traditionally used in a whiskey sour to provide a rich silky frothy texture.
Don’t be afraid of the egg whites in cocktails, bartenders use them all the time. As long as the shell is washed before cracking, the risk of salmonella is almost nil.
Whiskey Sour Recipe
- 1 1/2 ounces bourbon I like to use a slightly overproof bourbon in this
- 3/4 ounce plum syrup
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 ounce fresh ginger juice
- 1 egg white
- Fresh plum sliced
- Candied ginger
- Shake all ingredients together without ice, in order to emulsify the egg white.
- Add ice to the shaking tin and shake again to chill the drink. Strain over a large ice cube in a rocks glass. Garnish with candied ginger and plum.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!