Oven Baked Salmon Recipe
Let’s talk about this Oven Baked Salmon Recipe, but first…
Grocery shopping has become much easier, now that both of my babies are in their double-digits. I used to avoid taking them to the store at all costs, dreading the endless battle of…
- “Can I have this cereal?”
- “Not today, baby.”
- “Well, can I have that orange soda instead?”
- “You don’t need that, you’re sweet enough.”
- “Well, what about these potato chips?”
- “For the love of Pete, NO… Quit asking for junk!”
For those of you who know exactly what I’m talking about, and need a stiff drink when you come home from the grocery store with your precious babies, I’m proud to announce my kids have suddenly, finally, become helpful during grocery shopping.
That’s right, after only eight thousand nine hundred and fifty two NOs at the market, they have taken the hint that we will not be buying excess junk food. They have started assisting me as well, offering to pick out the produce and hop over to the next aisle to grab the item we forgot.
This is a major accomplishment. And although I never thought this day would come, and wished for it hundreds of times, it makes me sad they are so grown up.
I noticed the other day, they are becoming very persnickety shoppers.
When asked to pick out fish for dinner, they came back with salmon, stating it was the only fish available today that was wild-caught.
Let’s all pause for a teary-eyed mommy moment.
Oven Baked Salmon Recipe
But I digress, this marvelous 6-Ingredient Oven Baked Salmon with Parmesan Herb Crust is what we made with the wild-caught salmon they chose. Here’s what you’ll need!
- Wild Salmon Fillet – Get one large enough to feed however many people you’re feeding. Or buy two fillets!
- Breadcrumbs – I used plain breadcrumbs but you can use Italian Breadcrumbs if you’d like.
- Parmesan Cheese – Grated! Freshly grated is best, but you can use pre-grated cheese as well.
- Minced Garlic – To add to the italian flavors.
- Fresh Herbs – I used thyme and chives and chopped them finely.
- Butter – This helps hold the crust ingredients together and adds flavor.
- Salt and Pepper – I know I said 6-ingredients, but salt and pepper don’t count! You always want to season your protien to bring out its natural flavor!
How To Bake Salmon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet. with foil or parchment paper. Place the salmon fillet on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and herbs together. Drizzle the melted butter over the top of the mixture and season with salt and pepper. Mix with your hand to coat the breadcrumbs in butter.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the salmon fillet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the salmon is cooked through and the crust is golden. If the crust doesn’t brown, turn on the broiler for 1 minute, then remove. Serve warm.
This Oven Roasted Salmon Recipe is a quick go-to dinner, that you can serve in a pinch, or even at a dinner party.
Gluten Free Salmon Recipe
To make this salmon recipe gluten free, try using crushed rice chex cereal instead of breadcrumbs. One commentor did and loved it!
There are also gluten free breadcrumbs out there that you can buy and use.
Can I Use Frozen Salmon Filets?
Yes, you can! The great thing about this salmon recipe is that it elevates the fish. And you can even use whatever type of fish you’d like. Halibut, catfish, etc.
The parmesan herb crust really takes this recipe over the top.
Everyone loves this Oven Baked Salmon with Parmesan Herb Crust.
The moist rich salmon, covered with a crisp cheesy herbed topping, is a crowd-pleaser with a touch of elegance.
See The Recipe Card & VIDEO Below For How To Make Oven Baked Salmon. Enjoy!
More Dishes Like This Oven Baked Salmon Recipe!
- Sweet and Sour Grilled Salmon with Pineapple Salsa
- Garlic Lime Baked Salmon Recipe
- Oven Roasted Salmon with Pink Peppercorn Sauce
- Salmon Burgers with Sweet Potato Slaw
- Smoked Salmon Dip Deviled Eggs
Oven Baked Salmon Recipe
- 1.5-2 pound whole wild salmon fillet
- 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon thyme and chives finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Place the salmon fillet on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and herbs together. Drizzle the melted butter over the top and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mix with your hand to coat the breadcrumbs in butter.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the salmon fillet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the salmon, is cooked through and the crust is golden. If the crust doesn’t brown, turn on the broiler for 1 minute, then remove. Serve warm.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!