Tender flaky Oven Baked Salmon with Parmesan Herb Crust. A fabulous 6-Ingredient dinnertime staple your family will love!
Now that both of my babies are in their double-digits, grocery shopping has become much easier. I used to avoid taking them to the store at all costs, dreading the endless battle of…
“Can I have this cereal?”
“Not today, baby.”
“Well, can I have that orange soda instead?”
“You don’t need that, you’re sweet enough.”
“Well, what about these potato chips?”
“For the love of Pete, NO… Quit asking for junk!”
For those of you who know exactly what I’m talking about, and need a stiff drink when you come home from the grocery store with your precious babies, I’m proud to announce my kids have suddenly, finally, become helpful during grocery shopping.
That’s right, after only eight thousand nine hundred and fifty two NOs at the market, they have taken the hint that we will not be buying excess junk food. They have started assisting me as well, offering to pick out the produce and hop over to the next aisle to get the item we forgot.
This is a major accomplishment. In fact, I’ve started waiting to go the grocery store, until I pick them up from school. On purpose.
Although I never thought this day would come, and wished for it hundreds of times, it makes me sad they are so grown up.
Ahhh, the conflicting toils of parenthood.
I noticed the other day, they are becoming very persnickety shoppers.
When asked to pick out fish for dinner, they came back with salmon, stating it was the only fish available today that was wild-caught.
Let’s all pause for a teary-eyed mommy moment.
But I digress, this marvelous 6-Ingredient Oven Baked Salmon with Parmesan Herb Crust is what we made with the wild-caught salmon they chose.
It’s a quick go-to dinner, that you can serve in a pinch, or even at a dinner party.
To make Oven Baked Salmon with Parmesan Herb Crust you simply lay a whole wild-caught salmon fillet on a rimmed baking sheet. Then mix a quick bread crumb crust made with, of course bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, fresh herbs, and garlic.
Then sprinkle it over the salmon and bake for 10-12 minutes.
Everyone loves this Oven Baked Salmon with Parmesan Herb Crust.
The moist rich salmon, covered with a crisp cheesy herbed topping, is a crowd-pleaser with a touch of elegance.
Also check out our Oven Baked Salmon with Jalapeno, Lime and Garlic!
Check out our video tutorial below!
Oven Baked Salmon Recipe with Parmesan Herb Crust
- 1 whole wild salmon fillet, 1.5 – 2 pounds
- 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs, finely chopped (I used thyme and chives)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Place the salmon fillet on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic, and herbs together. Drizzle the melted butter over the top and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mix with your hand to coat the breadcrumbs in butter.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the salmon fillet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the salmon is cooked through and the crust is golden. If the crust doesn’t brown, turn on the broiler for 1 minute, then remove. Serve warm.