Herb Oven Roasted Potatoes and Carrots
Herb Oven Roasted Potatoes and Carrots Recipe – Make this easy, healthy, and hearty roasted veggies recipe as the perfect side dish for nearly any meal!
Comforting Side Dish
During the fall and winter months, when the days are shorter and colder, nothing makes the family happier than a warm, comforting dinner.
Savory and indulgent casseroles, creamy soups and stews, and slow-roasted dishes are always seasonal favorites. But don’t forget the veggies!
Bring some healthy goodness to the table (with little effort) by making these Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes and Carrots with Herbs. It is a simple, gluten-free side dish that is packed with big flavors, and goes perfectly with nearly any protein or vegetarian main.
Classic Potatoes and Carrots
If you want a seasonal side dish that is…
- Vegetarian and vegan-friendly
- Quick and easy to make
Then this is the perfect recipe to include in your regular weekly meal plan!
It’s great for customizing with your favorite veggies and seasonings, and terrific to make as part of a meal prep for lunch leftovers.
What Ingredients You Need
This simple, rustic recipe can be made with either dried or fresh herbs. It works well for roasting nearly any hearty veggies you like!
Here are the ingredients we used to make these deliciously savory and tender Herb Roasted Potatoes with Carrots:
- Mini potatoes – We used baby Dutch yellow potatoes, but you can also use small Yukon Gold, mini red potatoes, fingerling potatoes, or sweet potatoes cut into 1-inch chunks.
- Carrots – Or other sturdy root vegetables that can hold up to high heat roasting, such as turnips, beets, brussels sprouts, or cauliflower.
- Olive oil – Or your favorite high-temperature cooking oil for roasting, such as sunflower oil.
- Seasonings – We included dried thyme, dried rosemary, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parsley in this recipe.
- Melted butter – Swap with melted coconut oil or plant-based butter substitute for a vegetarian or vegan side dish.
Try adding a pinch of cayenne for some heat, or lemon pepper seasoning to serve with a citrus-forward main dish.
How to Make Easy Oven-Roasted Veggies with Herbs
The Best Roasted Potatoes and Carrots instructions only take about ten minutes to prep in three easy steps…
- Cut. First, cut the largest of the mini potatoes in half, leaving the small potatoes whole. Peel and chop the carrots into large rounds. Place the veggies on a baking sheet.
- Season. Then pour the oil and seasonings over the veggies.
- Coat. Toss to thoroughly coat, and spread the carrots and potatoes evenly on the sheet pan.
- Roast. Once prepped, roast the vegetables in a preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, until the carrots and potatoes are easily pierced with a fork. Then add the melted butter and fresh parsley to the baking sheet, and toss to coat.
The outside of the potatoes and carrots should be lightly caramelized and crisp, while tender on the inside with a bit of bite.
Serve warm with your choice of main dishes. I hope your family loves this healthy, satisfying side as much as we do!
Get the Complete (Printable) Herb Oven Roasted Potatoes and Carrots Recipe Below. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Dishes Go Well with Oven Roasted Potatoes and Carrots?
There is so much flavor in this delicious side dish, it pairs perfectly with simple main proteins like a well-cooked steak or chicken breasts.
Enjoy alongside Skillet Steak Bites with Mushrooms, Magic 2-Ingredient Grilled Pork Tenderloin, Standing Rib Roast, Nana’s Pot Roast, or as another healthy side to this citrusy Parmesan Lemon Chicken and Rice Skillet.
Let us know in the comments your favorite main dish to eat with these roasted carrots and potatoes!
How Long Can I Keep Leftovers?
Leftover roasted veggies are great to keep and use in lunch meal preps throughout the week. Stored in an airtight container they will keep well for up to 5 days.
Microwave leftovers for quick reheating, or toss back in the oven on a baking sheet for 10-15 minutes until hot.
Why Did My Veggies Not Cook The Same?
Carrots can take longer to roast than potatoes, so in order to make sure that they roast in the same amount of time, make the carrot pieces smaller than the potatoes and you will have a much more even bake.
Looking for More Easy Healthy Side Dishes?
- Roasted Lemon Asparagus Recipe
- Crispy Hasselback Potatoes with Rosemary and Garlic Recipe
- Honey Butter Roasted Carrots Recipe
- Greek Lemon-Garlic Roasted Potatoes Recipe
- Haricot Vert (Green Beans) and Baby Potatoes Recipe
- Oven Roasted Vegetables with Maple Glaze Recipe
- Perfect Crispy Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- Southwest Brussels and Beans Recipe
- Perfect Southern Collard Greens Recipe
- Quick Maple Glazed Carrots with Cinnamon Recipe
- Roasted Vegetable Medley Recipe
- The Best Grilled Vegetables Marinade Recipe
- Oven Roasted Broccoli Recipe
- Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Beer Recipe
- Panda Express Super Greens (CopyCat Recipe)
- Sausage Mushroom Thanksgiving Stuffing
Check the printable recipe card below for the nutrition information including calories, carbohydrates, protein, saturated fat, cholesterol, sodium, potassium, fiber, vitamin c, and calcium percentages.
Oven Roasted Potatoes and Carrots with Herbs
- 1 ½ pounds mini potatoes
- ¾ pound carrots
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme 1 tablespoon fresh
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary 1 tablespoon fresh
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Set out a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Cut the largest mini potatoes in half. Leave the smallest potatoes whole. Peel and slice the carrots into ½ inch rounds. Place both the potatoes and carrots on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the top. Sprinkle with thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Toss well to coat. Then spread the vegetables out in a single layer. (You can also mix the oil and seasoning in a separate bowl and pour over the top.)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until fork tender. Add the melted butter and fresh parsley. Toss to coat. Serve warm.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
Ohmygoodness!! This is amazing! This is going to be my go-to!
This is a simple and tasty side dish that is always a compliment to many meals! Love making this!
these are going to be the perfect addition to my friendsgiving dinner menu! thank you so much for sharing this recipe!
Pingback: سیب زمینی و هویج سرخ شده در فر – دنیای آشپزی
these veggies are amazing and a constant in this house!
This recipe is the BEST of the best – the vegetable s are delicious and even better the next day.
It is so simple to prep and cook – you just pop them in the oven and let them cook while preparing the rest of the meal.
I love Sommer’s recipes and this one is no exception :)
My kids loved this!! So tasty and it is really easy to make!
Pingback: Oven Roasted Potatoes and Carrots with Herbs Recipe By A Spicy Perspective - Food Chewy
Love to make this, so yummy.
IT doesn’t get much better than these potatoes! Delicious!
This recipe is just to DIE for! Love these so much!