Screwball Peanut Butter Whiskey Drink (The PB&J)
How to Make a Peanut Butter and Jelly Shot – This fun adults-only cocktail recipe, also known as a Screwball, is made with Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey and a homemade jelly simple syrup!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cocktail
This peanut butter whiskey drink is fun and festive, garnished with black grapes to mimic olives. Each sip tastes just like a classic PB&J sandwich… Minus the bread and plus, well, booze! So it’s got a great balance of flavors from your childhood favorite, but with an adults-only kick that you want in a good liquor drink.
Traditionally a Screwball Peanut Butter Whiskey is served as a shot. However, we’ve changed the proportions and added bitters to create a true cocktail over ice. Not only do these fabulous tweaks make the drink slightly less sweet and much more enjoyable, it’s also a better sipping beverage for parties.
Get ready to wow guests at your next gathering with these delightfully playful drinks! Here we share easy steps to make a single Skrewball cocktail, so you can simply multiply ingredients for the number of servings needed. (Use the servings slider in the recipe card below.)
Ingredients You Need
You can make a delicious peanut butter and jelly shot with just Skrewball whiskey and raspberry Chambord. Or use our simple syrup recipe included here to prepare jelly syrup with whatever fruit you like!
For the Jelly Simple Syrup:
- Grape jelly – or strawberry jelly
For the PB&J Cocktail:
- Jelly simple syrup – or Chambord
- Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey – or other preferred pb whiskey
- Bitters – old fashioned or cinnamon
- Fresh grapes or strawberries – optional to garnish
How to Make Grape Jelly Simple Syrup (or Strawberry)
This is by far the easiest way to make a quick simple syrup with fruit preserves.
First, mix the grape (or strawberry) jelly and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 to 60 seconds, until the jelly melts into the water.
Stir well and cool completely. Note: If the syrup is at all warm it will affect the flavor and consistency of the peanut butter whiskey drink. Feel free to make the syrup ahead; it will keep well for up to a month in a sealed container in the fridge.
How to Make a Screwball PB&J Cocktail
When you are ready to serve, set out a lowball glass. Add ½ ounce of the cooled jelly simple syrup…
… 2 ½ ounces of peanut butter whiskey…
… and 4-5 dashes of old-fashioned or cinnamon bitters.
Get the Complete (Printable) Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey and Jelly Cocktail Recipe Below. Enjoy!
Stir well. Then add a large ice cube to the glass.
Garnish the drink with a fresh grape or strawberry.
Frequently Asked Questions
There is no need to chill the peanut butter whiskey. But you can if you like!
Certainly! Grape and strawberry are classic PB&J flavors, but feel free to make the simple syrup with your favorite jelly flavor. Seedless raspberry or blackberry, cherry, and apricot are all delicious options.
To prepare as a shot use 2 parts of whiskey to 1 part of the jelly simple syrup. So 1 ounce of Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey with .5 ounce simple syrup for a standard shot glass.
Looking For More Delicious Drinks? Be Sure To Also Try These Fabulous Cocktail Recipes:
- Sazerac Cocktail Recipe
- Plum Ginger Whiskey Sour
- Rosemary Old Fashioned
- 3-Ingredient Affogato Bourbon Shots
- Watermelon Basil Gin Cocktail
Screwball Peanut Butter Whiskey Drink (Skrewball PB&J Cocktail)
For the Jelly Simple Syrup –
- 1 ounce grape jelly or strawberry jelly
- 2 ounces water
For the PB&J Cocktail –
- ½ ounce jelly simple syrup
- 2.5 ounces Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey
- 4-5 dashes bitters old-fashioned or cinnamon
- Optional garnish: grapes or strawberries
- For the Simple Syrup: Mix the grape (or strawberry) jelly and water and a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 to 60 seconds until the jelly melts into the water. Stir well and cool completely.
- For each PB&J Cocktail: In a lowball glass, mix ½ ounce of jelly simple syrup, 2 ½ ounces of peanut butter whiskey, and 4-5 dashes of bitters. Stir well. Then add a large ice cube and garnish with a grape or strawberry.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
This is so good and delish!!
Everyone enjoyed it!
Yes, please! This sounds outstanding!!
this cocktail is amazing! I love peanut butter whiskey and this makes it 10x better!