Just in time for Thanksgiving, I’m sharing a Famous Corn Pudding Recipe from one of Asheville’s beloved restaurants!
12 Bones Smokehouse is an undeniable Asheville, North Carolina icon, serving up sumptuous ribs, pulled pork, chicken, turkey, brisket and a slew of southern sides, like tangy collard greens, and this famous corn pudding recipe.
This seemingly humble eatery has received national awards and praises from high caliber sources including: Southern Living Magazine, Good Morning American, The New York Times, and numerous national BBQ competitions.
It’s even had repeat visits from the President of the United States.
12 Bones makes the most amazing corn pudding recipe I’ve ever tasted.
The owners guard their recipes with great care. Yet, I’m happy to tell you they’ve shared their “Damn Good Corn Pudding” recipe with us, to share with you… And just in time for Thanksgiving!!
Even if you have a tried-and-true stuffing recipe, I encourage you to set it aside this year and make this famous corn pudding recipe. You won’t be sorry. Bones’ Famous “Damn Good” Corn Pudding Recipe is an amalgamation of traditional cornbread dressing and a custard-like corn pudding.
It’s tender, rich, and melts in your mouth, with just a touch of heat from poblano peppers. It is a true southern’s dream dish.
I’ll admit, while in the pan the top is not much to look at. Yet scoop into its tender folds and all the flavors are suddenly revealed.
This famous good corn pudding recipe is extremely quick to assemble. Pop it in the oven and move onto other holiday preparations.
With a sumptuous texture and hint of heat, this corn pudding recipe pairs perfectly with Thanksgiving turkey and potatoes!
Famous Corn Pudding Recipe
Yield: 8+ servings
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:1 hour
Famous Corn Pudding Recipe – “Damn Good Corn Pudding” recipe from Asheville’s famous 12 Bones restaurant. Moist, comforting, and loaded with flavor.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 6 large eggs
- 1 stick melted butter (1/2 cup)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 – 14 ounce can of creamed corn
- 2 fresh poblano peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour the eggs, butter, cream and creamed corn in an electric mixer.
- Mix well and add the poblanos and corn. Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. It should resemble cake batter.
- Grease a large 11 X 15 inch rimmed baking dish. (You could use two smaller dishes.) Pour the pudding mixture into the pan and place it in the oven. Lightly tent the pan with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour, until the center is just set. (30-40 minutes for smaller pans) You may want to take the foil off the last 10-15 minutes so the top will be golden.
Yield: 8+ servings, Serving Size: 1/8th recipe
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 543 Calories
- Total Fat: 27.4g
- Saturated Fat: 15.4g
- Cholesterol: 211mg
- Sodium: 973mg
- Carbohydrates: 68.5g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Sugar: 36.4g
- Protein: 10.2g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!