Amazing Slow Cooker Creamed Corn, a perfect hands-off side dish for the holidays!
When taking on a big holiday feast, you’ve got to do a little planning ahead.
It’s important to figure out your cookware, oven space, and timing before hand so you don’t find yourself in a pinch at the last minute.
I like to make the most of my crockpots around the holidays so there are a few dishes I can start really early in the day, and don’t need to use up my stovetop or oven space.
This silky Slow Cooker Creamed Corn recipe is a wonderful side dish for holiday meals. It’s comforting, with a grainy-sweet flavor and creamy texture.
My secret ingredients that make this Slow Cooker Creamed Corn better than ever are cream cheese and cornmeal. Adding these two ingredients together provides a luxurious, yet rustic, texture and thick consistency.
It’s also important to mash the corn with a potato masher a little about an hour before you are ready to serve the Slow Cooker Creamed Corn to give it the perfect homespun texture.
This couldn’t be any easier. Simply sautee onions with butter for a few minutes, to soften them. Then add the corn (frozen or fresh) to a crockpot, followed by the onions and butter, milk, a little cornmeal, a little sugar, and some spices.
Smoked paprika is another secret ingredient that adds a tons of flavor, without overpowering the corniness.
Slow Cooker Creamed Corn is a simply an convenient holiday dish your whole family will love.
Why not add it to your Thanksgiving menu this year!
Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
Yield: 12+ servings
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:8+ hours
Silky Slow Cooker Creamed Corn – A rustic southern classic side dish with creamy appeal! This is The Best Creamed Corn Recipe we’ve ever made!
- 4 – 9-10 ounce bags frozen corn (or 8 cups fresh shucked corn)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 sweet onion, peeled and diced
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 1/4 cups whole milk
- Salt and pepper
- Place the butter and chopped onions in a skillet. Set over medium heat, and saute until the onions are soft.
- Pour the onions and butter into the crock of a large slow cooker. Add the corn, cream cheese, sugar, cornmeal, paprika, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, and milk.
- Cover the slow cooker, turn on high, and cook for 8-10 hours, stirring the corn every couple hours. About 1 hour before ready to serve, use a potato masher to smash part of the corn, to enhance the creamy texture. Then stir, cover, and resume cooking until ready to serve.
Yield: 12+ servings, Serving Size: 12
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 213 Calories
- Total Fat: 11.2g
- Saturated Fat: 6.6g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 246mg
- Carbohydrates: 26.7g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Sugar: 10.8g
- Protein: 5.5g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!