Baked Ham Recipe – the perfect centerpiece to your holiday meal. Slathered with honey mustard ham glaze, stuffed with apples and baked to perfection!
Nothing says holiday like pulling a juicy dripping baked ham out of the oven, then setting it on the family table.
Am I right?
After all, a ham isn’t a one time affair. It’s a dish you get to enjoy for several days after, extending the holiday spirit as long as possible.
Spiraled Baked Ham Recipe
Believe it or not, this gorgeous centerpiece, that is actually stuffed with apples, requires only 6 ingredients, including a smoked spiral-cut ham.
Smoked hams are readily available at your local grocery store year round, and are precooked. So we’re essentially doctoring it and warming it through.
Other ingredients include:
- granny smith apples
- whole-grain mustard
- dijon mustard
- ground cardamom
Stuffed with Apples
All those spiral cut layers of ham are begging to be filled with something. So today I nestled thinly sliced apples in between them. As the ham bakes, the apples soften releasing their juices… Making an already juicy ham extra sweet and juicy.
Because the ham is stuffed with apples there is no need for covering the ham with tinfoil while baking. The apples do all the work in keeping the ham moist!
Honey Mustard Ham Glaze
Then I brushed an easy honey mustard glaze over the top. The honey mustard glaze seeps down in between the layers, seasoning the ham, and creating a crispy pork-fat crust that you will not be able to keep your hands off of.
I prefer the flavor and texture of whole grain mustard, but it should still work with yellow mustard if you can’t find the whole grain kind.
Perfect for Beginners
If you’ve never made a baked ham before, this easy recipe is where to start. If you have made it before, this just might be the last ham recipe you’ll ever try.
- impressive to behold
- smells like pure porky heaven
- and tastes like your new “last meal on death row.”
What Should I Serve With This Main Dish?
Imagine an enormous glistening Baked Ham with Honey Mustard and Apples as your table centerpiece this season. Crispy edges, juicy pork, and sweet baked apples nestled between the slices… What more could you ask for?
This holiday will be tasty, to say the least.
Can I Prepare the Ham the day Before?
Absolutely! Be sure to either drizzle the apples with lemon juice or coat them with the glaze, so they don’t brown.
See The Recipe Card Below For How To Make Baked Ham with Honey Mustard & Apples. Enjoy!
other recipes you might like:
- Smoky-Sweet Roasted Butternut Squash
- Grilled Ham Steaks with Southern Kale Salad
- Deep Fried Turkey Recipe
- Crock Pot Pork Tenderloin with Vegetables
- Honey Baked Ham from Cafe Delites
Baked Ham Recipe with Honey Mustard & Apples
This Baked Ham Recipe is the perfect centerpiece to your holiday meal. Slathered with honey mustard ham glaze, stuffed with apples and baked to perfection!
To fit the standing ham in your oven, remove one oven rack and lower the other rack to the lowest position. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and set the spiral ham on top.
- Peel and core the apples, then slice into paper-thin rounds.
- Tuck the apple slices between the slices of ham, skipping a row here and there, and spacing them out all the way around the ham. Once the ham gets too full of apples to hold its shape, turn the ham flat-side-down.
- Whisk the mustards, honey, and cardamom together in a small bowl. Brush over the entire surface of the ham. Bake for 1 hour.
- Brush the pan juices over the ham, and bake for 1 more hour, until crispy on the outside. Brush the pan juices over the ham again before serving warm.
Other Great Recipes
Skillet Turkey Pot Pie Next Post
Yogurt Cheesecake with Orange Shortbread Crust and Chambord Honey Drizzle