Our easy Baked Ham with Honey Mustard and Apples will be the perfect centerpiece of your holiday meal.
Nothing says holiday like pulling a juicy dripping baked ham out of the oven, then setting it on the family table.
Am I right?
After all, a ham isn’t a one time affair. It’s a dish you get to enjoy for several days after, extending the holiday spirit as long as possible.
Imagine an enormous glistening Baked Ham with Honey Mustard and Apples as your table centerpiece this season. Crispy edges, juicy pork, and sweet baked apples nestled between the slices… What more could you ask for?
This holiday will be tasty, to say the least.
Believe it or not, this gorgeous Baked Ham with Honey Mustard and Apples, that is actually stuffed with apples, requires only 6 ingredients, including a smoked spiral-cut ham.
Smoked hams are readily available at your local grocery store year round, and are precooked. So we’re essentially doctoring it and warming it through.
All those spiral cut layers of ham are begging to be filled with something. So today I nestled thinly sliced apples in between them, then brushed an easy honey mustard glaze over the top.
As the ham bakes, the apples soften releasing their juices… Making an already juicy ham extra sweet and juicy. The honey mustard glaze seeps down in between the layers, seasoning the ham, and creating a crispy pork-fat crust that you will not be able to keep your hands off of.
See what I’m talking about?
You are going to have to keep this Baked Ham with Honey Mustard and Apples under lock and key, so it isn’t picked apart before it hits the table.
Totally. Completely. Irresistible.
If you’ve never made a baked ham before, this easy 6-ingredient recipe is where to start. If you have made a baked ham before, this just might be the last baked ham recipe you’ll ever try.
Impressive to behold.
Smells like pure porky heaven.
And tastes like your new “last meal on death row.”
Baked Ham with Honey Mustard and Apples is a meal to remember!
Baked Ham with Honey Mustard and Apples
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:2 hours
Easy (and Gorgeous) Baked Ham with Honey Mustard and Apples will be the perfect centerpiece of your holiday meal!
- 8-10 pound spiral-cut smoked ham
- 3 granny smith apples
- 1/4 cup whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom (or substitute cinnamon)
- To fit the standing ham in your oven, remove one oven rack and lower the other rack to the lowest position. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and set the spiral ham on top. Peel and core the apples, then slice into paper-thin rounds.
- Tuck the apple slices between the slices of ham, skipping a row here and there, and spacing them out all the way around the ham. Once the ham gets too full of apples to hold its shape, turn the ham flat-side-down.
- Whisk the mustards, honey, and cardamom together in a small bowl. Brush over the entire surface of the ham. Bake for 1 hour. Brush the pan juices over the ham, and bake for 1 more hour, until crispy on the outside. Brush the pan juices over the ham again before serving warm.
Yield: 12+, Serving Size: 1/12th recipe
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 668 Calories
- Total Fat: 40g
- Saturated Fat: 14.4g
- Cholesterol: 216mg
- Sodium: 3005mg
- Carbohydrates: 17.6g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sugar: 15.2g
- Protein: 54.3g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
Skillet Turkey Pot Pie Next Post
Yogurt Cheesecake with Orange Shortbread Crust and Chambord Honey Drizzle