Baked Ham Recipe with Honey Mustard & Apples
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
An Amazing Baked Ham Recipe for Your Holiday Table
Nothing says holiday like pulling a juicy dripping baked ham out of the oven, then setting it on the family table.
Am I right?
After all, a ham isn’t a one-time affair.
It’s a dish you get to enjoy for several days after, extending the holiday spirit as long as possible.
Spiral Baked Ham Recipe With Ham Glaze
Believe it or not, this gorgeous holiday centerpiece, that is actually stuffed with apples, requires only 6 ingredients, including a smoked spiral-cut ham.
Smoked hams are readily available at your local grocery store year-round, and are pre-cooked. So we’re essentially doctoring it and warming it through.
Ingredients for Baked Ham Recipe with Honey Mustard Ham Glaze and Apples:
- Spiral-cut ham (fully cooked ham)
- Granny smith apples
- Whole-grain mustard
- Dijon mustard
- Ground cardamom
How To Bake A Ham Instructions…
To fit the standing ham in your oven, remove one oven rack and lower the other rack to the lowest position. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large-rimmed baking sheet with foil and set the spiral ham on top.
Peel and core the apples, then slice them into paper-thin rounds with a sharp knife.
Tuck the apple slices between the slices of ham, skipping a row here and there, and spacing them out all the way around the ham. Once the ham gets too full of apples to hold its shape, turn the ham flat-side-down.
Whisk the mustards, honey, and cardamom together in a small bowl. Brush over the entire surface of the ham. Bake for 1 hour.
Brush the pan juices over the ham, and bake for 1 more hour, until crispy on the outside. Brush the pan juices over the ham again before serving warm.
Stuff It With Apples
All those spiral-cut layers of ham are begging to be filled with something. So today I nestled thinly sliced apples in between them.
As the ham bakes, the apples soften releasing their juices… Making an already juicy ham extra sweet and juicy.
Because the ham is stuffed with apples there is no need for covering the ham with tinfoil while baking. The apples do all the work in keeping the ham moist!
Honey Mustard Ham Glaze
Then I brushed an easy honey mustard glaze over the top. The honey mustard glaze seeps down in between the layers, seasoning the ham, and creating a crispy pork-fat crust that you will not be able to keep your hands off of.
I prefer the flavor and texture of whole-grain mustard, but it should still work with yellow mustard if you can’t find the whole-grain kind.
Perfect for Beginners
If you’ve never made a baked ham before, this easy recipe is where to start. If you have made it before, this just might be the last ham recipe you’ll ever try. It’s…
- Impressive to behold
- Smells like pure porky heaven
- And tastes like your new “last meal on death row.”
Frequently Asked Questions
What Should I Serve With This Main Dish?
Imagine an enormous glistening Baked Ham with Honey Mustard and Apples as your table centerpiece this season.
Crispy edges, juicy pork, and sweet baked apples nestled between the slices… What more could you ask for?
Then surround it with homemade rolls, slow cooker stuffing, sweet potato casserole, the best mashed potatoes ever, and a decadent bourbon derby pie. Or serve it in spring with my mom’s perfect potato salad, smoked salmon deviled eggs, savory cheese spinach pie, homemade mac and cheese, and a lemon tart!
This holiday will be tasty, to say the least.
Can I Prepare the Ham the Day Before?
Absolutely! Be sure to either drizzle the apples with lemon juice or coat them with the glaze, so they don’t brown. Then refrigerate until ready to bake.
How Long Do Leftovers Last?
You can store the leftover ham in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 5 days.
other recipes you might like:
- Smoky-Sweet Roasted Butternut Squash
- Grilled Ham Steaks with Southern Kale Salad
- Deep Fried Turkey Recipe
- Crock Pot Pork Tenderloin with Vegetables
- Brown Sugar Ham (Baked Ham Glaze)
- Christmas Holiday Standing Rib Roast
- Nana’s Epic Navy Bean Ham Bone Soup
- Beer Mac and Cheese
- Carrots Soufflé Recipe
- Honey Baked Ham from Cafe Delites
Check the printable recipe card below for the nutrition information including calories, protein, cholesterol, fiber, and calcium percentages.
Baked Ham Recipe with Honey Mustard & Apples
- To fit the standing ham in your oven, remove one oven rack and lower the other rack to the lowest position. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and set the spiral ham on top.
- Peel and core the apples, then slice into paper-thin rounds.
- Tuck the apple slices between the slices of ham, skipping a row here and there, and spacing them out all the way around the ham. Once the ham gets too full of apples to hold its shape, turn the ham flat-side-down.
- Whisk the mustards, honey, and cardamom together in a small bowl. Brush over the entire surface of the ham. Bake for 1 hour.
- Brush the pan juices over the ham, and bake for 1 more hour, until crispy on the outside. Brush the pan juices over the ham again before serving warm.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!