We’re sharing our easy holiday Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe today. With only a handful of ingredients, this decadent pasta dish is a timeless treat that your family will love.
Every year we have certain holiday movies that we can’t wait to watch once the weather turns cold.
The Christmas Story is a classic we always enjoy as a family the week before Christmas. Then Lt. Dan and I like to watch Love Actually on winter nights once the kids are in bed. But my personal favorite is The Holiday with Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz.
There’s a scene in The Holiday where Iris (Kate Winslet) and Miles (Jack Black) are comparing the low moment of their twisted romantic relationships, and after hearing just how torn up the other person is feeling, they decide to make “Christmas Fettuccine” to lighten the mood.
Every time I watch this scene, instead of pondering the lesson of not getting stuck in unhealthy manipulative relationships… all I can think about is fettuccine alfredo.
Does this happen to anyone else?
Because really… Although their are many ways to prepare fettuccine, Fettuccine Alfredo is that end-all comfort dish we only allow ourselves to enjoy on rare occasions. Like Christmas.
I’m not exactly sure how Fettuccine Alfredo became popular as a Christmas Eve or Christmas Day dish, but I’d guess it has to do with how quick it is to make and how lavish it tastes.
Today I’m sharing my version of classic Fettuccine Alfredo, made with just a few quality ingredients: gorgeous strands of DeLallo Fettuccine Egg Pasta, cream, garlic, parmesan cheese, and a little lemon zest and nutmeg for extra flavor. I also like to add a pinch of crushed red pepper to my alfredo sauce for a bit of kick!
Truly, there is no easier pasta dish to prepare than Fettuccine Alfredo.
You simply drop the pasta in boiling water, then make a quick cream and cheese sauce in a separate skillet, that comes together in the time it takes to cook the pasta.
This will be a Christmas Eve to remember!
Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:20 minutes
Easy holiday Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe your whole family will love. With only a handful of ingredients, this decadent pasta dish is a crowd-pleaser.
- 2 – 8.8 ounce packages DeLallo Fettuccine Egg Pasta
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 large clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 pinches freshly ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped Parsley and Crushed Red Pepper optional
- Set a large pot of salted water over high heat and bring to a boil. Add the fettuccine and cook according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, place the butter and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute for 2-3 minutes, then add the cream and bring to a simmer. Stir in the shredded cheese, lemon zest and nutmeg. Stir until the alfredo sauce is smooth. Then check the pasta. Once the pasta is “al dente” (cooked, but firm) scoop it out of the water (reserving at least 2 cups of water) and into the alfredo sauce. Stir and cook the pasta and sauce together for 1-3 minutes. Salt and pepper if needed, and add a pinch of crushed red pepper if desired
- If the alfredo sauce starts to tighten too much before you are ready to serve the fettuccine alfredo, stir in some of the pasta water to loosen the sauce. Serve warm with a sprinkle of chopped parsley over the top!
Yield: 6-8, Serving Size: 1/8th recipe
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 780 Calories
- Total Fat: 35.2g
- Saturated Fat: 20.4g
- Cholesterol: 235mg
- Sodium: 386mg
- Carbohydrates: 90.1g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Sugar: 4.5g
- Protein: 27.4g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!