Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta (One-Pot!)
An easy one-pot recipe for dreamy, incredibly creamy, and delicious Tuscan Chicken Pasta with spinach and red peppers. This rich and comforting meal is ready in under 30 minutes – it’s perfect for a simple, satisfying weeknight dinner!
The Easiest Tuscan Chicken Pasta Recipe
Perfectly creamy, rich and dreamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta is a one pot recipe that you are going to love adding to your roster of easy weeknight dinners.
This zesty and comforting dish is loaded with chunks of chicken, roasted red peppers, pasta, and spinach, all tossed with a creamy parmesan sauce. Every luscious bite is bursting with tangy flavor! In fact, this meal is so good that leftovers even taste amazing the next day after sitting in the fridge.
But best of all, it’s as simple to make as it is delicious to enjoy. Our Italian-inspired creamy chicken and pasta can be made in less than 30 minutes using just one pot. So you know that prepping, cooking, and clean up are a breeze!
Ingredients You Need
A handful of simple, quality ingredients are used to make the creamiest, dreamiest Tuscan Chicken Pasta.
For this easy one-pot pasta recipe you need:
- Butter – unsalted
- Garlic – minced
- Boneless chicken breasts – cut into bite-sized pieces
- Dried pasta – any medium-size shape you prefer, like penne, pipette, or shells
- Chicken broth – we recommend low sodium
- Roasted red peppers – drained and chopped
- Sun dried tomatoes – drained and chopped
- Baby spinach – fresh, tightly packed
- Heavy cream – for the perfect richness
- Parmesan cheese – grated or shaved
- Fresh basil leaves – for the brightest flavor, but can sub with dried basil if needed
How Can I Make Gluten Free One-Pot Chicken Pasta?
Simply use your favorite GF-friendly pasta to easily make this a gluten-free recipe!
How to Make One-Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
Loaded with chicken, spinach, veggies, and pasta, this recipe really is a complete meal made in one pot. It’s ready in less than 30 minutes start to finish, so it’s perfect for even the busiest weeknights!
Follow this simple recipe to make our comforting and delicious Tuscan pasta with chicken dinner in just 3 easy steps:
First, set a large saucepot over medium heat on the stovetop. Add the butter, garlic, and chicken pieces, and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Sauté the chicken pieces for a few minutes, stirring each minute or so, until cooked on all sides but still raw in the middle.
Next, add the dried pasta and chicken broth, and stir. Cover and bring to a boil. Stir again, then cover and cook for about 8 minutes, until the pasta is al dente. You want the noodles to be slightly soft but, still a touch firm on the inside.
Mix in the chopped roasted red peppers, sun dried tomatoes, baby spinach, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and basil leaves.
Get the Complete (Printable) One-Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta Recipe Below. Enjoy!
Stir and gently simmer the chicken and spinach pasta for 3-4 minutes, until the spinach wilts and the sauce thickens.
Serve the pasta warm, topped with shaved parmesan and ribbons of fresh basil leaves. It pairs perfectly with a green side salad and hunks of crusty bread or Homemade Breadsticks!
How to Store Leftover Tuscan Chicken Pasta
This flavorful pasta with chicken gets even better as all of the ingredients sit together! It’s a great make-ahead recipe that’s delicious to include as part of your weekly meal plan… Prepare a large batch for an easy, satisfying dinner and enjoy leftovers for a quick and hearty lunch or dinner.
Store cooled leftovers in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Reheat the chicken and spinach pasta in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Looking for More Delicious One-Pot Recipes?
- One-Pot Spinach Ricotta Pasta
- Chicken Bog (Rice Pilaf Recipe)
- One Pot Spaghetti Carbonara
- Instant Pot Italian Chicken Orzo
- One-Pot Sloppy Joe Noodle Skillet
Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta (One-Pot!)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ½ pounds boneless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 pound dried pasta any small shape: penne, pipette, shells
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 10 ounces roasted red pepper drained and chopped
- 8 ounces sun dried tomatoes drained and chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach packed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- Set a 6 quart saucepot over medium heat. Add the butter, garlic, and chicken pieces. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Sauté the chicken pieces for 3-4 minutes, stirring each minute.
- Add in the dried pasta and chicken broth. Cover and bring to a boil. Stir well, then cover again and cook for 7-8 minutes, until the pasta is al dente.
- Mix in the chopped roasted red peppers, sun dried tomatoes, baby spinach, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and basil leaves. Stir and simmer for 3-4 minutes, until the spinach wilts and the sauce thickens. Serve warm.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!