Easy Greek Shrimp Pasta with feta, spinach and olives. An instant family favorite!
After all this, I need comfort food and a long winters nap. For me, a good pasta dish is equivalent to taking a Valium. It soothes the mind and body.
Strands of steamy carbs caressed with garlic-cream sauce. What could possibly be more appealing?
Maybe the addition of some seafood, feta cheese, tomatoes, and olives…
Today I’m sharing an old family favorite, a Greek Shrimp Pasta dish that is a holiday gift in and of itself.
Loaded with fresh sautéed shrimp, spinach, feta, grape tomatoes, and olives, in a silky garlic-cream sauce. Plus it’s ridiculously easy to make.
Heaven on earth!
Try serving our Greek Shrimp Pasta with a loaf of warm bread and a fresh green salad. It’s an surefire way to get your family around the table one more time this week.
Greek Shrimp Pasta
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:25 minutes
Fresh and zesty Greek Shrimp Pasta. Easy to make and so delicious. This creamy pasta dish is sure to become a family favorite.
- 1 pound dried pasta (I used linguini.)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5-6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 pound large peeled raw shrimp
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, drained
- 3-4 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- In a large pot, boil salted water and cook the pasta as directed on the box. Meanwhile, heat a large deep skillet to medium-high heat. Add the oil and butter. Once melted, add the garlic and shrimp. *If you like a thick cream sauce, sprinkle the shrimp with 2 teaspoons flour before adding them to the skillet.
- Cook the shrimp for one minute, then add the wine and cream. Toss and cook another minute, then add olives and tomatoes. Simmer another minute or two.
- Finally, mix in the strained pasta and spinach leaves. Remove the skillet from the heat once the spinach wilts. Salt and Pepper to taste. (Season carefully, the olives and feta add a lot of salt.) Divide onto plates and top with feta cheese.
Yield: 4-6 servings, Serving Size: 1/6th recipe
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 493 Calories
- Total Fat: 19.1g
- Saturated Fat: 9.1g
- Cholesterol: 206mg
- Sodium: 1075mg
- Carbohydrates: 52.5g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 2.7g
- Protein: 27.5g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!