The Best Mini Pumpkin Pies
These are The Best Mini Pumpkin Pies for so many reasons. One bite and you’ll agree!
Alright, alright, alright, alright, alright….
I realize anytime I use the phrase “the best” somebody is likely to disagree, based solely on principle.
You should know, I never post any recipe here on ASP until I personally think it’s the best.
We all have different taste buds, however I think today’s recipe is a tempting common ground on which we all might be able to agree.
Let me try to convince you…
So what makes these The BEST Mini Pumpkin Pies in the whole wide world?
There are just so many reasons guys. That’s why I had to call them the best.
It just didn’t seem right not too.
First of all, they are itty bitty and cute. That ranks pretty high by my standards.
Second, they are extremely moist and tender, just as a good pumpkin pie should be.
Third, they have a strong earthy pumpkin-spice flavor.
Fourth, this recipe makes a whole bunch of The Best Mini Pumpkin Pies, so you can serve them at large gatherings, or freeze some for later.
Fifth, they are super easy to make.
Sixth, they are super easy to get out of the mini muffin pans. No chiseling away at the edges with a pairing knife. (I know you know what I’m talking about.)
Seventh, you don’t have to make your own pie crust. Although I love homemade pie crust, these little guys are better suited for puff pastry crust. Store-bought puff pastry crust, even.
Eighth, you don’t have to wait a long time to eat them like you do with a standard pumpkin pie. Once out of the oven, The Best Mini Pumpkin Pies only need a few minutes to cool, then you can enjoy them warm. (This might be the very best reason!)
Ninth, they taste amazing as-is, but you can also top them with fresh whipped cream, mini ice cream scoops, marshmallows… The sky is the limit!
Tenth, you can adjust The Best Mini Pumpkin Pies recipe to make it lower in calories by swapping Wholesome!™ Organic Cane Sugar for Wholesome!™ All Natural Zero!
Surely that is enough reasons to convince anyone. I am crazy over these little guys and think you will be too.
Let’s talk more about the final reason to love The Best Mini Pumpkin Pies recipe…
Under normal circumstances, I use Wholesome!™ Organic Cane Sugar in most of my treat recipes. It’s fair trade certified, non-gmo, replaces refined white sugar, and tastes amazing.
However, if you have need of reducing calories and keeping your glycemic index on the down-low, Wholesome!™’s All Natural Zero is a fabulous sugar substitute!
Made from natural erythritol, Wholesome!™ Zero is non-gmo, vegan, and calorie free. It is a mild sweetener, so you use a little bit more Wholesome!™ Zero than you would sugar, but I’ve been extremely impressed with the flavor. Give it a try!
So there you have it, friends.
The Best Mini Pumpkin Pies recipe is a must-make recipe this season, no matter which Wholesome!™ Sweetener you choose.
Bookmark this recipe for your next gathering.
You’ll be so glad you did!
The Best Mini Pumpkin Pies
- 2 boxes puff pastry (4 sheets total)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (could be low-fat)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup Wholesome!™ Organic Cane Sugar or 3/4 cup Wholesome!™ Zero
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray several mini muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Lay the puff pastry sheets out onto a floured work surface. Use a large knife or pizza cutter to cut each sheet of puff pastry into 16 equal squares. Press one puff pastry square down into the center of each mini muffin pan opening, leaving the corners up above the rim. Refrigerate until ready to fill. (If you don't have enough mini pans, only cut the puff pastry sheets you can use, leaving the rest wrapped for later.)
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on high until light and fluffy. Scrape the bowl and add a few spoonfuls of pumpkin puree and beat again. Add the remaining pumpkin puree little by little, as the mixture beats, to ensure the mixture comes together without clumps of cream cheese.
- Add in Wholesome!™ Organic Cane Sugar or Wholesome!™ Zero Sweetener, followed by the egg, cream, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Scrape the bowl again and beat until smooth.
- Use a spoon or small scoop to place 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie filling into each puff pastry shell. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the puff pastry is golden and the pumpkin filling is puffy. Cool for at least 5 minutes before lifting the mini pumpkin pies out of the pans by the puff pastry corners.
- Serve as-is or top with fresh whipped cream.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Wholesome!™. All sugar-loving opinions are my own.
Pingback: Hooligan Pumpkins – Jess Schira
Pingback: 12 Mini Pumpkin Pies Perfect for the Holiday Season
Pingback: A Sweet & Spicy Giveaway - Wholesome Sweeteners
Pingback: Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
Why couldnt you use regular pumpkin pie filling? I have seen these made with cherrie pie filling, etc.
Hi Jacquie! You could… It just tastes better when you make homemade filling. :)
Such sweet little nibbles! These would be perfect for my stuffed belly after Thanksgiving dinner!!!
Pingback: The Best Mini Pumpkin Pies Recipe
These look so perfectly popable!
These sound so awesome! I’d love to make them but need some help with substituting the cream cheese and heavy cream for something non-dairy. Do you think a regular pumpkin pie recipe with less liquids would work? I’m worried it would make the pastry soggy. Thanks!!
Try coconut cream as a substitue for heavy cream.
I could eat 50 of these little pies!
cutest little pies!!
so little and so yummy, small things are the best
These little pies are too cute!
Great idea! I like small bites, and it’s a great way to use some pumpkin puree.
I don’t think it gets any cuter!
oh yeah, I could eat 5 or 6 of these in a heartbeat!
This really is the best idea ever! I love pumpkin pie, but I like more pastry with the filling than in normal pie. The ratio of filling to pastry in these is perfect for people like me :) I will be making these next time. Great idea.
I am not the biggest fan of pie (I know!) , but these little hand pies look amazing!! So that means I can have 27, right?
These look amazing! Love the cute presentation!
Interested to try these with the cream cheese, since I’ve never used it in pumpkin pie…sounds yummy!
Hi Marty! The cream cheese gives the pumpkin pie filling a silky smooth texture. :)
These are awesome. Who can resist something mini?
These are so cute! I love mini one-biters!
This is absolutely adorable – love mini bite desserts!