Baked Green Beans Almondine
Baked Green Beans Almondine Recipe – A bright, healthy side dish that’s easy to make in the oven in less than 20 minutes. Enjoy this classic green bean recipe alongside your favorite simple main dish, for an effortless weeknight dinner!
Baked Green Beans
Green Beans Almondine is one of those beloved side dish recipes that feels like it has been around forever.
Simple and vibrant, green beans with almonds are a perfectly elegant and healthy complement to so many main dishes. I remember enjoying them when I was younger with everything from steak bites to chicken breasts and baked cod, and much more. Basically, nearly any protein is elevated when served alongside tangy, garlic-y, wonderfully flavorful Green Beans Almondine.
The Best Green Beans Almondine Recipe
The classic combination of green beans, lemon, and almonds is commonly made on the stovetop. But with a few simple tweaks, we have discovered how to make this recipe even better and easier by roasting them in the oven!
Oven Roasted Green Beans Almondine is a vegan-friendly and gluten-free side dish that’s as healthy as it is delicious.
It makes a terrific side for quick and effortless midweek meals, as well as holiday meals and special occasion celebrations!
What Ingredients You Need
This classic recipe calls for just a handful of simple and mostly fresh ingredients.
Here is everything needed to make Green Beans Almondine:
- Fresh green beans – with the ends trimmed off
- Olive oil – or other preferred high heat oil for roasting, like sunflower oil
- Sliced almonds – for that perfectly satisfying crunch
- Minced garlic – adds a hint of savory goodness to the dish
- Lemon zest – brightens the green beans with a pop of citrus
- Salt and pepper – to taste
You can also add chopped cooked bacon, if you like.
And for an extra buttery green bean dish add a bit of unsalted butter to the recipe.
How to Make Roasted Green Beans Almondine
Roasted Green Beans Almondine is ready to serve in less than 20 minutes, and requires just a few simple steps to prep.
Here’s how to make the best Green Beans Almondine recipe in the oven:
- Preheat and Clean. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F, and place the cleaned and trimmed green beans on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Coat. Then, drizzle the oil over the green beans. Sprinkle the top with sliced almonds, minced garlic, lemon zest, salt and black pepper. Toss to coat thoroughly.
- Bake/Roast. Next, spread the green beans out in a single layer on the baking sheet. Roast in the oven for about 12-15 minutes, or until soft but still a bit firm.
The green beans should have a bit of snap to them, and be slightly caramelized and crispy on the edges.
Serve warm along with your choice of main dish.
Get the Complete (Printable) Perfect Baked Green Beans Almondine Recipe Below. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Do Leftovers Last?
Leftover roasted green beans with almonds will keep well in an airtight container for up to 5 days. I recommend reheating them in the oven for just a few minutes, just until warm, to keep some of the crispness of the beans.
What Goes Well with Green Beans Almondine?
Enjoy this lightly citrusy, nutty, fresh, and delicious side dish with any number of main dishes.
It’s the perfect veggie side to serve with this Parmesan Chicken Lemon and Rice Skillet, our Easy Chicken Kiev Recipe, Apple Stuffed Pork Chops, Smothered Steak and Gravy, or comforting Bistro Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice.
Can I Use Other Nuts to Make Roasted Green Beans?
It is certainly possible to make Green Beans Almondine without, well, the almonds. If you are allergic or just not a fan, feel free to swap with chopped walnuts or pine nuts.
How Do I Make Green Beans Almondine on the Stovetop?
If you’d prefer to prepare this dish without the oven, you can use a large skillet and cook on the stovetop.
Here’s How: Add cooking oil to a large skillet over medium heat, and briefly saute the minced garlic. Then add the green beans and almonds. Cook for several minutes, stirring occasionally, until the beans are caramelized and a touch soft. Remove from the heat, sprinkle with lemon zest, and stir again. Serve warm.
Looking for More Healthy Side Dishes?
- Roasted Lemon Asparagus Recipe
- Oven Roasted Vegetables with Maple Glaze Recipe
- Perfect Crispy Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- Haricot Vert and Baby Potatoes Recipe
- Honey Butter Roasted Carrots Recipe
- Southwest Brussels and Beans Recipe
- Perfect Southern Collard Greens Recipe
- Quick Maple Glazed Carrots with Cinnamon Recipe
- Roasted Vegetable Medley Recipe
- The Best Grilled Vegetables Marinade Recipe
- Oven Roasted Broccoli Recipe
- Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Beer Recipe
- Panda Express Super Greens (CopyCat Recipe)
Baked Green Beans Almondine Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Place the green beans on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle the oil over the green beans. Then sprinkle the top with almonds, minced garlic, lemon zest, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Toss to coat.
- Spread the green beans out in a single layer. Roast in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until soft but still slightly firm. Serve warm.