Coca-Cola Baked Ham
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Coca-Cola Baked Ham: A classic ham in coke recipe, with a glistening Coca-cola ham glaze. Coca-Cola Ham is a very southern preparation born in the heart of Georgia.
Ham In Coke
The idea of ham cooked in Coke may seem foreign to you. Yet if you live in the south, it’s a beloved way to prepare a baked ham.
Today I hope to convince you to pop open a can of cola before your next ham hits the oven rack!
We recently spent a weekend in Atlanta, Georgia.
We were picking up a new puppy from the Atlanta airport, and decided to turn this monumental family affair into a weekend getaway.
The day before our new fur baby arrived, we spent a day popping into popular Atlanta eateries, strolling downtown, and visiting the aquarium.
At the end of the day we ended up at the Coca-Cola Museum.
Did you know Coke was invented in Atlanta… For medicinal purposes?!
The museum was a fun way to end our day, with a massive International Soda Tasting Room at the end of the tour. (Imagine the ramifications of two teens with unlimited access to hundreds of sodas.)
Yet I kept thinking about all the ways Coca-Cola has worked its way into our culture, and our recipes.
Baked Ham With Coco-Cola Ham Glaze
We put Coke in cakes, brownies, puddings, and sauces. We use it to glaze ribs and flavor meatballs.
Yet my favorite Coca-Cola recipe is classic Coca-Cola Baked Ham.
Ham cooked in Coke creates a savory-sweet ham glaze that caramelized the edges of a spiral cut ham, yet keeps the slices moist and tender.
Coca-Cola Ham Recipe Ingredients
You can use just a ham and a can of Coca-Cola to make Baked Ham In Coke, or you can add all sorts of ingredients to doctor it up.
I like to dress my Coca-Cola Ham with 5 simple ingredients:
- Coca-Cola – The base of the ham glaze
- Light brown sugar – To intensify the sweetness of the glaze.
- Dijon mustard – To offer savory balance to the glaze.
- Cornstarch – To slightly thicken the glaze as it bakes.
- Cayenne pepper – For just a hint of spice!
How To Make Coca-Cola Ham
- Mix the ingredients for the rub.
- Rub the mixture over the ham.
- Pour the Coke over the ham.
- Bake! Be sure to brush the pan juices (glaze) over the ham several times.
Get the Full (Printable) Coca-Cola Baked Ham Recipe Below
Baked Ham with Coca-Cola Glaze is a wonderful centerpiece for your holiday table.
Serve it with Southern Potato Salad, Broccoli Salad, Collard Greens, Tomato Pie and of course Coconut Cream Pie!
Then use your fabulous leftovers to create the best ham sandwiches you’ve ever eaten!
More Amazing Baked Ham Recipes
- Baked Ham with Brown Sugar Glaze
- Apple Stuffed Baked Ham with Honey Mustard
- Almond Crusted Baked Ham with Apricot Glaze
Coca-Cola Baked Ham
- 8-10 spiral cut ham
- 12 ounce Coca-Cola (or your favorite cola)
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ – 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet (or roasting pan) with foil. Place the ham in the pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar, Dijon mustard, cornstarch, and cayenne pepper.
- Rub the brown sugar mixture over the ham and down in between the slices.
- Pour the cola over the ham. Cover the ham loosely with foil. Bake for 1 hour.
- Take the ham out of the oven. Remove the foil. Spoon or brush the pan juices up over the ham. Place it back in the oven and bake another 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Brush the ham with glaze a second time. Bake another 30 minutes, uncovered.
- When ready to serve, brush the glaze over the ham one last time.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
I’ve always made a coke ham which is good, but I decided to try your recipe which is slightly different, and OMG it is so good! This is the best ham I’ve ever made or eaten! I made it exactly as your recipe reads, and it is perfect!
Can I use a whole ham or Half ham rather than a spiral ham
Can I use Diet Coke?
I don’t see why not. Let me know how it turns out! :)
Pingback: Festive Easter Dinner Recipes You Can't Wait to Make - Recipe Magik
I was delicious.
Hello! First let me say, I can NOT cook! Lol. My boyfriends 10-year-old son and I just followed your recipe. We did not have cayenne pepper or dijon mustard but substituted regular mustard. He was drooling over it and checking it regularly! It tastes AMAZING and my house smells the same. The ham is also feeding a neighbor! Thanks for sharing your recipe. Great quarantine food! 😊
Wow, the food looks so delicious and so wonderful, I really love eating such things.
Wow talk about a unique recipe. Curious to see how this will taste!
Just what everyone’s Easter dinner needs! A show stopping ham.
This ham looks Easter worthy! I can not wait to try it! Yummy!
Why comment, and give five stars, if you have not made the recipe yet???
This glaze has the perfect combination of sweet, spicy and tangy ingredients! Delicious!
Yum! I was baking with Coke this week too, but Coca-Cola cake. What do you think about these new Coke flavors they have going on?