Chunky Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
Who’s Ready For Salad Season?
Me, me, me!
This time of year, we are ready to turn off our ovens and turn on our grills.
We want to make the most of late spring and summer produce… And we want our foods to be cooling and colorful.
Who’s with me?
It’s salad season. Yet that doesn’t mean you can’t still prep ahead for the week!
Meal Prep Salads
Right now I crave big hearty salads.
The kind that can either be served as a side dish with grilled chicken and steak, or on their own as a veggie-heavy meal.
Summer produce is so fresh and crisp, it’s a bonus to be able to make big chunky salads that last in the refrigerator for several days, as opposed to limp green salads the turn slimy on day two.
That way, the leftovers can be used as meal prep for the week.
Today’s hearty protein-packed salad is a dream make-ahead!
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad Recipe
This simple Mediterranean salad made with fluffy quinoa, chickpeas, olives, feta cheese, and tons of fresh summer produce will keep you satisfied all day.
It’s bold and healthy, with generous pieces of cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, and bell peppers, mingled with fresh mint leaves.
Plus, the perky red wine vinaigrette is the perfect finish to tie all the ingredients together.
How Do You Make a Mediterranean Quinoa Salad?
This quinoa salad recipe is so simple to make…
- Cook the Quinoa. Although we all prefer to not cook in the summer months, a little cooking goes a long way in this recipe. Simmer the quinoa until fluffy.
- Chop the Vegetables. While the quinoa is cooking, prepare all the veggies.
- Shake the Vinaigrette. Pour the dressing ingredients into a glass jar and shake to combine.
- Toss! Dump all the salad components in a large bowl, drizzle on the dressing and toss the salad to mix in the dressing.
See how easy that was? You can totally do this!
Get the Full (Printable) Chunky Mediterranean Quinoa Salad Recipe Below
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad Q&A
Yes! Quinoa is packed with protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals. It’s super (food) healthy and will keep you feeling full.
Yes, this one is! Unless you load your quinoa salad down with fatty processed ingredients, it should be very healthy. This quinoa salad has all sorts of nourishing ingredients in it.
No. Quinoa is so small, just a quick boil is all that is needed. When it’s ready, the outer spiral will release from the seed, and it will look fluffy.
Yes. Omitting the feta makes this a vegan recipe.
Yes. quinoa is a seed, not a grain, and it does not contain gluten. None of the ingredients in this recipe contain gluten either, so it is completely gluten free!
You can make this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad up to a week in advance.
More Amazing Summer Salad Recipes
- Peach Basil Salad
- Tortellini Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
- Garlic Lime Roasted Shrimp Salad
- Thai Red Curry Chicken Salad
- Brazilian Chopped Salad
- Thai Quinoa Salad
- Vietnamese Cold Chicken Salad
Chunky Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
For the Quinoa Salad:
- Set a medium sauce pot over medium heat. Add the quinoa and 2 cups water. Cover tightly and bring to a boil. Simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until the water is fully absorbed. Turn off the heat. Fluff the quinoa with a fork and set aside.
- Meanwhile, chop all the vegetables.
- For the Vinaigrette: Pour all the ingredients in a jar. Add 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper. Cover the jar and shake vigorously to mix.
- Once the quinoa has had a few minutes to cool, pour it into a large salad bowl. Add the chickpeas, olives, and all freshly chopped produce. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat.
- Serve immediately, or cover well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!