Chicken Detox Soup
Detox and Chicken Soup
Looking for a great Detox Soup Recipe?
A good friend of mine is the founder of Neo Snacks, a producer of organic, paleo, vegetarian, and gluten-free snack bars that happen to taste amazing.
A couple years ago she introduced me to a cleanse concept she and her husband follow on occasion when they need a reset in their health and diet. It’s a Chicken Detox Soup Cleanse from the book Perfect Weight America.
From my personal experiences, cleanses usually involve expensive herbal supplement kits from the health food store, or a whole lot of juicing.
However, this cleanse is different. It’s a nourishing homemade soup with fresh chicken, loads of veggies and ginger, to boost your metabolism and immune system, as well as remove toxins to help your body to work as it should.
Detox Soup Cleanse
In the book, the suggested cleanse structure is to eat the soup alone for several days. It’s so low in fat and calories, you can eat as much as you want.
After 3-4 days you may introduce green salads with raw nuts in the evenings. By the end of the cleanse you still eat the Chicken Detox Soup all day, but may add salmon to your evening salad for a little extra healthy fat.
Lt. Dan and I have done the Chicken Detox Soup Cleanse several times and each time it helps us shed water-weight, a few extra “real” pounds, and sets a precedent for continued healthy eating.
Although this soup is meant to be used as a 10 day cleanse, and you will probably be ready for a change after so many days and bowls of soup, it is a completely sustainable food. In theory, you could live off of it.
With protein, vegetables, vitamins, and minerals, it provides more nutrients than most of the world’s population receives on any given day. So don’t be afraid to give it a try!
My Chicken Soup Recipe
The original recipe in the book calls for all organic ingredients including a whole chicken, and several veggies that aren’t my favorite to have floating in soup.
We’ve made the soup as recommended several times, yet Dan always complains about the recipe. Over time I’ve developed my own rendition that we feel is easier to enjoy for the length of the cleanse… No picking chicken bones and skin out of the soup. No mushy veggies.
My Chicken Detox Soup follows the same principles, yet is tastier and can be made in less time. Even with the changes, it still works like a charm. Why not give it a go?
Chicken Detox Soup
So what’s in MY Chicken Detox Soup?
- For protein we have chicken breast and some chicken broth.
- The vegetables in this soup are onions, broccoli, carrots, celery, and peas.
- And for all the flavoring we have olive oil, apple cider vinegar, parsely, ginger, garlic, crushed red pepper, ground tumeric, salt and pepper.
If you see any vegetable in there that you don’t like, switch it out for something you do like.
How to Make Chicken Detox Soup
- Set a large sauce pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil, chopped onions, celery, ginger, and garlic. Saute to soften. Then add the raw chicken breasts, broth, carrots, apple cider vinegar, crushed red pepper, turmeric and sea salt.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer, until the chicken breasts are cooked through. Then remove the chicken with tongs and set them on a cutting board to cool.
- Add the broccoli, peas, and parsley to the pot. Continue to simmer to soften the broccoli. Meanwhile, shred the chicken breasts with two forks, and stir it back into the soup.
- Once the broccoli is tender, taste, then salt and pepper as needed. Serve warm.
Watch the Video & Check the Recipe Card to See How to Make Chicken Detox Soup!
Looking for more detox recipes? Try our…
Our Favorite Paleo Recipes:
- Paleo Cashew Chicken
- Paleo Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Paleo White Chicken Chili
- Paleo Lemon Chicken
- Paleo Nut Bars
- Paleo Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Paleo Baked Coconut Shrimp
- 3-Ingredient Paleo Pancakes
- Baked Sweet Potato Chips
- Perfect Baked Beet Chips
Chicken Detox Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, shredded or grated
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- salt and pepper
- Set a large sauce pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil, chopped onions, celery, ginger, and garlic. Saute for 5-6 minutes to soften. Then add the raw chicken breasts, broth, carrots, apple cider vinegar, crushed red pepper, turmeric and 1 teaspoon sea salt.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 20+ minutes, until the chicken breasts are cooked through. Then remove the chicken with tongs and set them on a cutting board to cool.
- Add the broccoli, peas, and parsley to the pot. Continue to simmer to soften the broccoli. Meanwhile, shred the chicken breasts with two forks, and stir it back into the soup. Once the broccoli is tender, taste, then salt and pepper as needed. Serve warm.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!