Detox Southwest Chicken Soup
Chicken Detox Soup
Over a year ago I shared a Chicken Detox Soup recipe that our family uses as a dietary reset after vacations or long seasons of unhealthy eating.
It’s a lean, healthy chicken and vegetable soup with several detoxifying ingredients to help flush toxins from your body and boost your metabolism.
This soup is meant to be eaten for several days in a row to get your system back on track.
Chicken Detox Soup is low fat, low carb, paleo, gluten-free, and it works like a charm when using the soup as a cleanse!
Our first detox soup was very well received. Many of you have made it, left positive comments, and have asked for variations.
Southwest Chicken Soup
Well, today is the day! We’ve heard your requests and have come up with another detox soup recipe that is just as healthy, just as tasty, and offers just as many cleansing ingredients.
If you’ve tried our original detox soup cleanse, this Southwest Chicken Detox Soup is a zesty way to mix things up.
How to Make Detox Southwest Chicken Soup
To make this Southwest Chicken Soup, I used Old El Paso Green Chiles to give the broth a smoky undertone, then loaded it with:
- Skinless chicken breasts for lean protein
- Cabbage, broccoli, avocado, garlic and turmeric… All detoxifying ingredients that help your body release toxins
- Ground cumin and crushed red pepper for additional southwest essence
The combination of the Old El Paso green chiles and the spices, enhances the natural flavor of the chicken and veggies for a bold tantalizing flavor.
Plus, the release of toxins from this detox soup helps your body work more efficiently, meaning:
- Purging water retention
- A metabolic boost
- More energy
- And better sleep!
You’ll Be Amazed at How Good You Feel After Eating Southwest Chicken Detox Soup for Several Days!
To learn the specifics of the detox soup cleanse, visit our original recipe post.
To learn more about Old El Paso ingredients that will make your healthy dishes exciting, visit OldElPaso.com.
Get the Full (Printable) Detox Southwest Chicken Soup Recipe Below
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Old El Paso. All opinions are my own.
Looking for more detox recipes? Check these out:
Detox Southwest Chicken Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cans Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles (4.5-ounce cans)
- 14.5 ounces "fire roasted" crushed tomatoes
- 3 quarts chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 3 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- Salt and pepper
- Set a large 6-8 quart pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil, chopped onions, and garlic. Sauté for 5-6 minutes to soften. Then add whole raw chicken breasts, Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles, crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, all the spices, carrots, and 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 20+ minutes, until the chicken breasts are cooked through. Then remove the chicken with tongs and set them on a cutting board to cool.
- Add the chopped cabbage and broccoli to the pot. Continue to simmer to soften the broccoli. Meanwhile, shred the chicken breasts with two forks, and stir it back into the soup. Once the broccoli is tender, taste, then salt and pepper as needed. Serve warm with a generous amount of diced avocado on top!
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!