Paleo White Chicken Chili Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Paleo White Chicken Chili Recipe – A healthy low carb, low fat, high flavor Paleo Chili that will make your house smell like heaven. (Assuming heaven smells SPICY.)
Last time I checked it’s still January…. How’s your healthy New Years Resolution coming along?
Sorry. Didn’t mean to stick my finger in an open wound. No judgment from me.
We’ve been eating pretty clean around here, but I will tell you, my resolve might be slipping because Valentine cupcakes and chocolate covered goodies are showing up in my dreams at night.
Last night’s dream is a little hazy, but I do remember a table full of petit fours, moody music, and oh yes, I had purple hair. Not sure what that was all about, but the petit fours looked sensational!
White Chicken Chili Recipe
So back to healthy.
Chili is one of my favorite winter comfort meals and this healthy version of white chicken chili is no exception. Using very little oil, skinless chicken breast, and plenty of veggies, this paleo friendly chili recipe is at the top of my list this month.
My family loves this white chicken chili and they have no idea their eating “health food.” Which of course, makes it doubly satisfying for me!
What Ingredients Are in White Chicken Chili?
Usually, white chili is loaded with heavy cream and cheese.
My white chili recipe is thickened with a touch of creamy coconut milk and arrowroot powder. Arrowroot powder is a wonder thickening agent that is a great substitute for cornstarch, for those on a grain-free diet.
Other ingredients used are:
- boneless skinless chicken breast
- diced onion
- bell pepper, any color will do
- jalapenos, for spice
- garlic, everything tastes better with garlic
- ground cumin
- chicken broth
- green chiles, for more spice
See The Recipe Card Below For How To Make Paleo White Chicken Chili. Enjoy!
Other Paleo Friendly Recipes You Might Like:
- Paleo Chinese Dumplings (Potstickers)
- The Best Paleo Lasagna
- Paleo Coconut Shrimp Recipe
- 5 Ingredient Paleo Brownies
- Paleo Ginger-Spiced Mixed Nuts from I Heart Umami
Paleo White Chicken Chili
- 1.5-2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped (any color)
- 1-2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 14 ounces chopped green chiles
- 3 tablespoons thick canned coconut milk, unsweetened
- 3 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- chopped green onions and cilantro, for garnish
- Chop the chicken and veggies. Then place a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the oil, onions, peppers, jalapeño, and garlic.
- Sauté for 5 minutes, then add the chicken, salt and spices. Sauté another 5-8 minutes, until the chicken is nearly cooked through. Add the broth, green chiles, and coconut milk. Whisk in the arrowroot powder and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Then take a potato masher (or ladle) and smash the chicken pieces to shreds. Serve topped with green onions and cilantro.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!