Chicken Detox Soup
Yield: 8-12 bowls
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:35 minutes
Best Ever Chicken Detox Soup Recipe loaded with lean chicken breast, vegetables and rich herby broth! Adapted for Perfect Weight America, a healthy cleanse for the whole family.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh shredded or grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Salt and pepper
- Set a large sauce pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil, chopped onions, celery, ginger, and garlic. Saute for 5-6 minutes to soften. Then add the chicken breasts, broth, carrots, apple cider vinegar, crushed red pepper, turmeric and 1 teaspoon sea salt.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 20+ minutes, until the chicken breasts are cooked through. Then remove the chicken with tongs and set them on a cutting board to cool.
- Add the broccoli, peas, and parsley to the pot. Continue to simmer to soften the broccoli. Meanwhile, shred the chicken breasts with two forks, and stir it back into the soup. Once the broccoli is tender, taste, then salt and pepper as needed. Serve warm.
NOTES: For best results, use all organic ingredients.
Yield: 8-12 bowls, Serving Size: 12
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 199 Calories
- Total Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Sodium: 707mg
- Carbohydrates: 10.2g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 3.8g
- Protein: 22g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
Looking for more detox recipes? Try our…
Our Favorite Paleo Recipes
PAGE: 1 2
Light Kielbasa Apple Onion Skillet Next Post
20 Hearty (and Healthy) Chicken Soup Recipes