Easy Almond Flour Pancakes
The Best Almond Flour Pancake Recipe
Who doesn’t love a big stack of fluffy, flavorful, melt-in-your-mouth pancakes for breakfast?
This classic morning favorite has been tweaked time and time again to create a treasure trove of available recipes. We love different options like Easy Carrot Cake Pancakes with Cream Cheese Maple Syrup, Toffee Nut Pancakes, Cinnamon Pancakes and Peach Syrup, and even Cornmeal Pancakes with Orange Syrup.
These Almond Flour Pancakes are a healthier option that doesn’t give up any of the comforting flavor and pancake fluffiness you know and love. This pancake recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free, and is much lower in carbs than standard pancakes. But you will be amazed by how every bite of these pancakes tastes perfectly comforting and delicious!
Here’s What You Will Need
You only need 9 basic ingredients to make the best, fluffiest gluten-free pancakes with almond flour.
- Fine ground almond flour – either ground at home or store-bought
- Light brown sugar – lower on the glycemic index than refined white sugar, but with that deep rich flavor we know and love
- Baking powder – for just the right rise
- Salt – a pinch for taste
- Cinnamon – adds a great earthy, nutty flavor
- Eggs – real eggs or flax eggs for a vegan version of these Almond Flour Pancakes
- Almond milk – rich and creamy, with no dairy!
- Vanilla extract – adds a delicious sweet depth of flavor
- Butter – your favorite plant-based variety for a dairy-free and vegan pancake recipe
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Pitcher
- Non-Stick Skillet/Pan
- Thin Spatula
Plus lots of goodies for topping!
How to Make the Easiest, Tastiest Almond Flour Pancakes
These nearly foolproof gluten-free pancakes are ready in enjoy in just 20 minutes.
First, set out a large mixing bowl. Add the almond flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon to the bowl. Whisk the dry ingredients well.
In a measuring pitcher, whisk together the wet ingredients – eggs, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
Then whisk the wet mixture thoroughly into the dry mixture and blend. There will be small lumps, but that’s ok. You don’t want to work the batter too much so that the pancakes rise properly.
Place a nonstick skillet over medium heat on the stovetop. Once hot, place a small dollop of butter or oil in the skillet and melt. Use a ¼ cup scoop to portion the pancake batter and pour it onto the hot skillet.
Cook the Almond Flour Pancakes for just a few minutes per side. Use a thin spatula to flip the pancakes once or twice until browned on both sides. Raise or lower the temperature as needed so the pancakes cook through, yet stay golden on the outside without burning.
Once done, transfer the pancakes to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and keep warm in a 200-degree oven.
Repeat the pancake-making process with the remaining batter.
Get the Complete (Printable) Almond Flour Pancake Recipe Below. Enjoy!
Serving Suggestions for Easy Almond Flour Pancakes
Serve the pancakes warm with your favorite toppings. We love the classic combination of butter and a drizzle of maple syrup!
These Almond Flour Pancakes are also delicious with fresh fruit, like sliced strawberries or bananas, chocolate chips, and a dusting of powdered sugar. Or try it with our glorious Blueberry Sauce or Raspberry Maple Syrup!
Serve these pancakes alongside bacon, sausage, or eggs.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Store Leftovers
Once cooled, place leftover pancakes in an airtight container and keep them in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
They also freeze quite well. Wrap individual pancakes in plastic wrap, and then stack them together in an airtight container. Keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Reheat pancakes either wrapped in a paper towel in the microwave for just a few seconds or bake in an oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or so.
Looking for More Gluten-Free Breakfast Recipes?
- Gluten-Free Vegan Fruit Pizza
- Mexican Breakfast Casserole
- Breakfast Oat Bar Recipe
- Paleo Pancakes (Coconut Flour Pancakes)
- Instant Pot Keto Crustless Quiche
- Soft Whole Wheat Flour Bread
- How To Make Banana Pancakes by Kitchn
- Vegan Coconut Pancakes with Coconut Sugar by Loving It Vegan
If you are feeding an army, you will want to make a double batch of this protein-filled pancake substitute.
Almond Flour Pancakes Recipe
- Set out a large mixing bowl. Place the almond flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in the bowl. Whisk well.
- In a measuring pitcher, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Whisk the wet mixture thoroughly into the dry mixture. Set aside.
- Place a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Once hot, place a small dollop of butter or oil in the skillet. Using a ¼ cup scoop to portion the pancake batter into the hot skillet.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes per side. Use a thin spatula to flip the pancakes. Raise or lower the temperature as needed so the pancakes cook through, yet stay golden on the outside.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!