Perfect “Diner” Pancakes
Why do Diner Pancakes taste better than those floppy disks you make at home? You KNOW you’ve secretly wondered this at some point in your life.
Perfect Diner Pancakes
- Heat the griddle (or non-stick skillet) to medium-high.
- In a bowl, add all the dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the milk, egg, and vanilla until frothy.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry mix and whisk until smooth. Finally, whisk in the melted butter. Allow the pancake batter to rest for 3-5 minutes to thicken.
- Start by making one pancake as a test-batch to ensure your heat in accurate.
- Use a 1/4- to 1/3-cup scoop to ladle the batter onto a buttered griddle. Cook for 1-3 minutes per side. Flip when small bubbles rise to the top of the batter.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!