Brownie Cookies with Toffee Bits
You can never have too many cookie recipes, especially this time of year. Our Brownie Cookies with Toffee Bits offer the crisp flaky texture of the top of a brownie and are loaded with crunchy toffee chips!
Chocolate Brownie Cookies
This is, sadly, the last of my pre-Christmas cookie recipes. Sniff.
The cookie-laden ecstasy had to end at some point. Besides, I have other recipes I need to get to share with you before the holidays. In the delirious cookie haze I’ve been in, I haven’t left myself much time!
Toffee Brownie Cookies are last, but certainly not least on my list.
Rich chocolatey brownie flavor, crunchy toffee chunks, and no sticky fingers. These Brownie Cookies with Toffee Bits Recipe will have Santa making a loop back to your house for seconds!
Brownie Cookie Ingredients
- Bittersweet chocolate – For a deep rich chocolate flavor.
- Unsalted butter – Always bake with unsalted butter, so you can control the salt content yourself.
- Granulated sugar – For sweetness and crunch.
- Eggs – For binding and lift.
- Instant coffee – To deepen the chocolate flavor.
- Vanilla extract – To add depth.
- All-purpose flour – The base of the recipe.
- Cocoa powder – For double chocolate goodness!
- Baking powder – To create a light texture.
- Salt – All baked goods need a little.
- Toffee bits – The bring in crunchy contrast.
How To Make Brownie Cookies
- Melt the Chocolate. Use a double boiler to melt the chocolate and butter.
- Mix the Batter. Use a mixer to beat the sugar and eggs until combined. Add in the instant coffee and vanilla and beat again. Mix in the hot melted chocolate, baking powder, and salt. Finally, slowly add the flour and cocoa powder.
- Add Toffee Chips. Once the batter is smooth, stir in the toffee chips.
- Roll and Bake. Roll the cookie dough into 1 tablespoon balls and place on baking sheets. The dough is very soft, so you should flour your hands. Bake until cripsy around the edges!
Get the Full (Printable) Brownie Cookie Recipe Below
More Amazing Holiday Cookie Recipes
- Chewy Molasses Cookies
- Best Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- Soft Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies
- Amazing Gluten Free Monster Cookies
- Mexican Mocha Crinkle Cookies
- Brown Butter Brown Sugar Cookies
- Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- Chai Latte Cookies
Toffee Brownie Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. In a double boiler (or in the microwave) gently melt the chocolate and butter. Stir until all the chocolate melts.
- In an electric mixer, beat together the sugar and eggs until combined. Add the instant coffee and vanilla and beat again. Scrape the bowl with a spatula.
- Add the hot melted chocolate, baking powder, and salt. Scrape the bowl again. Then slowly add the flour and cocoa powder.
- Finally stir in the toffee chips, reserving 1/4 cup for the tops.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Form the cookie dough into 1 tablespoon balls and place on baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between the dough balls. The dough is very soft, so flour your hands.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes. Once out of the oven, immediately sprinkle the tops with extra toffee chips. Cool on the baking sheets.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!