Our Soft Chewy Molasses Cookies (or Soft Gingersnaps) are begging to be on your holiday cookie platter this year!
Aside from all the other reasons to be happy this season, cookie munching has to be at the top of the list.
I try to save up most of my annual cookie consumption for this exact time of year, so I don’t have to feel guilty baking and nibbling to my hearts content.
Shortbread cookies are my personal favorite, yet Soft Chewy Molasses Cookies are a close second.
Glistening with sugar, these dark and dusky cookies have the full-bodied flavor of molasses mingled with cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. They are tender, pillowy, and absolutely irresistible!
Soft Chewy Molasses Cookies are the perfect holiday cookie for dunking in milk. Plus they taste fabulous sandwiched together with chocolate or vanilla frosting.
Roll the dough balls in sugar before baking so they sparkle. Then bake until just-set so the interiors remain ultra soft. Cool completely on the cookie sheets before trying to move the cookies.
Then sink your teeth into spiced heavenly bliss!
Soft Chewy Molasses Cookies
Yield: 30 cookies
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:10 minutes
Soft Chewy Molasses Cookies Recipe – A tender gingersnap cookie recipe, perfect for holiday cookie platters! A cookie exchange offering everyone will love!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line several baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Measure out 1 cup of sugar. Separate 3 tablespoons out of the cup and place in a smaller bowl for rolling.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, clove and salt together. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, cream the butter and larger amount of sugar together on high until light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes. Scrape the bowl with a spatula, then beat in the molasses and egg. Turn the mixer on low and slowly add in the dry mixture. Scrape the bowl and bet until smooth.
- Roll the dough into 1 tablespoon balls. Roll each ball in sugar and place on baking sheets 2 inches apart. Bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Cool completely on the baking sheets before moving.
Yield: 30 cookies, Serving Size: 30
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 108 Calories
- Total Fat: 4.9g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- Sodium: 177mg
- Carbohydrates: 15.4g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Sugar: 8.2g
- Protein: 1.2g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!