Teriyaki BBQ Shrimp Skewers Recipe, an easy dinner idea you can make on the grill. This light healthy recipe is packed with protein and produce!
Quick and easy Teriyaki BBQ Shrimp Skewers will help you beat the heat and have more time to enjoy your summer.
My Teriyaki BBQ Shrimp Skewers recipe is savory, sweet, and succulent with a kick of fire to top it off. They are versatile and make a great main dish, appetizer, or side dish.
Nothing says summer like firing up the grill.
I have never seen any one as excited to grill than my very own dad. He was, and is, The Grill Master. His specialty: hamburgers!
Yet chicken, sausages, ribs, and anything else is welcome to the party.
In today’s Teriyaki BBQ Shrimp Skewers recipe you may be wondering, “Is it even worth firing up the grill for shrimp? It only takes a couple of minutes to cook per side.”
Yes… Yes it is! Nothing adds flavor to food like grilling. You will be so glad you did.
These Teriyaki BBQ Shrimp Skewers are loaded with fresh vegetables, pineapple and jumbo shrimp.
You could also add any fruit or vegetable you like. Just keep in mind that when making a skewer or kabob, the individual cooking time of each ingredient must be considered.
You wouldn’t want to put a raw potato on the same skewer as a shrimp. Either the potato would be raw or the shrimp burnt… Or possibly both!
I chose to use red and orange bell peppers, zucchini, and pineapple to accompany my shrimp. The shrimp is the key focus for grill time, the rest of the crew can be delicious and safely eaten at any level from raw to charred.
Yet all the ingredients play an important roll for building flavor and texture. A sweet and spicy teriyaki barbecue marinade ties these wonderful ingredients together.
Teriyaki BBQ Shrimp Skewers could certainly be a stand alone meal. I would increase the veggies to shrimp ratio on each skewer.
Keeping the theme of light and easy for the summer, I served my shrimp skewers atop a simple salad.
Find More Light Summer Recipes
Teriyaki BBQ Shrimp Skewers
- 1 pound raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deviened
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into chunks
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-1 inch thick slices, then cut in half
- 3 red and orange bell peppers, cleaned and cut into 1-2 inch piece
- Bamboo or metal skewers
- If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water while preparing the ingredients. Clean the shrimp.
- Mix the Teriyaki BBQ Sauce ingredients in a bowl and add the shrimp to the marinade, while you chop the veggies and pineapple. Cut, slice, peel, and/or core vegetables and fruit as needed.
- Heat the grill to 400 degrees F. Slide pieces of the veggies, pineapple, and shrimp onto skewers in an alternating order as desired.
- Brush the skewers with the Teriyaki BBQ Sauce you used to marinade the shrimp. Discard the remaining marinade. Grill 2 minutes per side, flipping once. Serve warm.