These 5-Ingredient Spicy Pineapple Habanero Margaritas are the perfect beverage for all your summer parties!
Ok, so it’s not officially summer until the kids are out of school (or we reach summer solstice if we’re being particular.) Yet once we start heating up the grill and shaking fruity cocktails, it sure does feel like summer.
Let’s just go with it.
The weather has been so pleasant here in Asheville, we take every opportunity to sit outside and enjoy the sunshine.
The screened-in porch off our dining room, is our favorite spot at home, and has been open for weeks to let in the fresh air. Each evening we wander out on the porch to unwind from the day, often with a cocktail in hand.
My husband is known among our friends for his killer classic margaritas, that are both powerful and perky.
He has a recipe he learned from a friend and has been tweaking it for years. It’s pretty spectacular. However, sometimes we like to mix things up in the margarita department.
Even spice things up on occasion!
Today’s Spicy Habanero Pineapple Margaritas recipe is a fun and festive marg variation, just in time for Cinco de Mayo.
This sweet and spicy concoction is made with only five simple ingredients: tequila, triple sec, lime juice, pineapple juice, and habanero peppers.
How to Make Spicy Habanero Pineapple Margaritas
You don’t have to be a mixologist to impress your friends; this recipe is a piece of cake!
Simply cut fresh habaneros in half and blister them in a hot dry skillet. This helps the chiles release their heat and smoky essence.
Then pour the tequila, triple sec, lime juice, and pineapple juice in a pitcher and add in the habanero peppers.
You can soak the chiles in the margarita mix in as little as 15 minutes, or as long as 24 hours to infuse the spicy flavor.
If making these for the first time, it’s a good idea to taste the spicy pineapple margarita mix after 15 minutes, then again after an hour, and so on, until you determine just how spicy you like it.
You don’t want to over do the spicy and not be able to drink them. I find 15-45 minutes is usually a good amount of time when you plan to serve them to guests.
Spicy Habanero Pineapple Margaritas are the perfect beverage to usher in the season of sunshine. Make a pitcher this weekend and celebrate with friends!
More Easy Margarita Recipes
Spicy Pineapple Habanero Margaritas
- 1 cup tequila silver
- 1 cup triple sec
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 2 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 4 habanero chiles
- Optional garnishes: salt, limes, habaneros, pineapple slices
- Place a small skillet over medium heat. Cut the habaneros in half and remove the seeds. Place the chiles in the skillet and blister on both sides. Turn off the heat.
- Pour the tequila, triple sec, lime juice, and pineapple juice in a pitcher. Stir well.
- Add the blistered habaneros. Let them sit in the margarita mix anywhere from 15 minutes to overnight. The longer they soak in the mix, the spicier it will be. Taste the mixture after 15 minutes to determine how long you want to soak them. Remove the habaneros, when the spice level is to your liking.
- When ready to serve, pour the margaritas into glasses over ice. Garnish with lime wedges, pineapple slices, or additional habaneros.
How to Make a Salt Rim on Margarita Glasses: Mix 1 tablespoon honey or agave with 1 tablespoon water. Pour the syrup into a shallow dish at least 6 inches wide. Pour course salt into a second shallow dish. Turn a glass up-side-down and dip the rim in the syrup. Then immediately dip the rim into the salt. Turn the glass right-side-up to dry.