Peach Mango Habanero Salsa
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Peach Mango Pico de Gallo Recipe – This fresh chunky salsa is made with sweet fruits and roasted habanero peppers for a kick of delicious spicy flavor. Perfect for summer!
Why We Love This Easy Pico de Gallo Recipe
We love fresh fruity summer salsas! They are perfect for scooping up with chips, spooning on grilled fish or chicken, and piling on big summer salads.
The best chunky salsas are loaded with just the right combination of sweet, salty, and absolutely essential IMO… A bit of spiciness. Like our Chipotle Corn Salsa with Roasted Chili, Peach Mango Habanero Salsa is bursting with bold spicy flavor in every scoop-able bite.
But because this easy recipe features ripe summer fruits, mango pico de gallo is even brighter and sweeter! We quickly roast the habanero peppers for maximum deliciousness, then mix together with chopped fresh peaches, mango, and crisp red bell pepper. Add the salsa trinity of onion, cilantro, and lime and you have a perfect pico de gallo for all of your summer barbecues and cookouts!
- Habanero peppers – seeded
- Ripe peaches – peeled and diced
- Ripe mango – peeled and diced
- Red bell pepper – seeded and diced
- Red onion – peeled and diced
- Fresh cilantro – chopped
- Lime – zested and juiced
- Salt and pepper – to taste
Note: Roasting the habanero peppers mellows the spicy heat a little, but the heat intensifies as the salsa rests in the fridge.
If you are sensitive to spice, start with half a habanero pepper. If you love spice use 2 whole peppers.
How to Make Peach Mango Pico de Gallo
Pro Tip: I recommend using gloves when handling spicy peppers to avoid any accidental eye area contact.
First, quickly roast the habaneros. Set out a small nonstick skillet and a medium mixing bowl.
Cut the habanero peppers in half and remove the seeds. Place the peppers in a dry skillet and set over medium heat. Toast the peppers on both sides until lightly charred. Then turn off the heat.
Meanwhile, peel and dice the peaches and mangoes.
Pro Tip: For help, see our handy tutorial for How to Cut a Mango!
Place the diced fruit in the bowl.
Then dice the bell peppers and red onions. Place them in the bowl.
Get the Complete (Printable) Peach Mango Habanero Salsa Recipe Below. Enjoy!
Then zest all the green off the lime, being careful not to zest the bitter white peel. Add the cilantro and lime zest to the bowl. Juice the lime and add 1 tablespoon of juice to the salsa.
Once the habanero peppers have cooled, finely mince them into tiny pieces. Add to the salsa.
Toss the salsa well, then taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
Pro Tip: I used about half a teaspoon of pepper in the salsa, but go with your tastebuds.
Cover and chill until ready to serve.
What to Eat With Mango Peach Pico de Gallo
Enjoy fresh, fruity, and spicy salsa with your choice of tortilla chips or pita chips.
It’s also fabulous to serve with other summer dishes! Use it as a flavorful topping for fish tacos, on grilled salmon or shrimp, or in low carb burrito bowls.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you make pico de gallo less spicy?
Cut back, or entirely omit, the habanero for a mild peach salsa recipe.
To keep a bit of kick, swap habanero for slightly milder jalapeno. Remember to remove the seeds!
What can I substitute for cilantro in mango salsa?
If you aren’t a fan of cilantro or don’t have any on hand, sub with fresh parsley, green onion, or chives.
How long can you keep peach mango salsa in the fridge?
Store fresh pico de gallo covered in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. After that, the mango and peach start to lose their vibrancy.
Can you freeze peach and mango salsa?
You can, technically… However, I highly recommend that you do not. Peaches and mango will be unpleasantly soft when frozen and thawed.
Looking for More Easy Salsa and Dip Recipes?
- Strawberry Habanero Salsa
- Hella Jalapeno Jelly (Hot Pepper Jelly)
- 3-Ingredient Magic Taco Dip
- Fresh Mango Guacamole Dip
- Tomatillo Salsa Verde with Avocado
Peach Mango Salsa (Pico de Gallo)
- 1-2 habanero peppers seeded
- 2 fresh ripe peaches peeled and diced
- 1 fresh ripe mango peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- Salt and pepper
- Set out a small nonstick skillet and a medium mixing bowl.
- Cut the habanero peppers in half and remove the seeds. Place the peppers in a dry skillet and set over medium heat. Toast the peppers on both sides until lightly charred. Then turn off the heat.
- Meanwhile, peel and dice the peaches and mangoes. (For help, see our mango tutorial.) Place them in the bowl. Then dice the bell peppers and red onions. Place them in the bowl. Chop the cilantro. Then zest all the green off of the lime, being careful not to zest the bitter white peel. Add the cilantro and lime zest to the bowl. Juice the lime and add 1 tablespoon of juice to the salsa.
- Once the habanero peppers have cooled, finely mince them into tiny pieces. Add to the salsa.
- Toss the salsa well, then taste and add salt and pepper as needed. (I used about half a teaspoon of pepper in the salsa, but go with your tastebuds.)
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
Pingback: What To Serve With Coconut Rice - 21 BEST Side Dishes - Pantry & Larder
YUM! I love the contrast of sweet mango with the kick of spice from peppers. So good!
Absolutely DELISH! I loved serving this with our fish tacos tonight. Thank you!
YUM!! I will be making this weekly! So much flavor, even my kids couldn’t get enough!
this is the best salsa to add to any tacos, especially fish tacos! thank you for sharing this recipe