Our cozy Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken and Potatoes is a family-friendly all in one meal to warm you up this winter!
Everyone in my family loves bold spicy flavors… Yet there are days we want to skip the tastebud acrobatics and sink into something that is pure comfort.
Today’s Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken and Potatoes is a simple recipe that gives you the sensation of being wrapped in a big fuzzy blanket. After all, the key ingredients are chicken, baby potatoes, garlic, and butter!
You simply throw the ingredients in the slow cooker and let them mix and mingle over the next few hours. Then open the lid and inhale the tantalizing aroma of hot garlic butter and herbs.
There are two methods of making Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken and Potatoes…
Method one is the “around the house” method. Start the potatoes in the slow cooker first, so they get a head-start on the chicken. Then add the chicken and remaining ingredients a few hours later, so the chicken is moist and tender, not dry.
The second method is the “off to run errands” method. Here you chop the potatoes in smaller pieces so they can cook thoroughly in the same time it takes to cook the chicken. Chop, dump, and press start!
Either way, you end up with a warm hearty meal the whole family will love.
Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken and Potatoes is an easy recipe to adjust to suit your family’s tastes. You can swap out the herbs to any that you prefer. You can use chicken breasts or boneless thighs. I used both, but actually prefer the thighs.
You can even cut back on the butter to lighten up the recipe… However the more butter the better in my opinion.
No matter how you mix it up, Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken and Potatoes is a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken and Potatoes
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:4 - 8 hours
- 2 pound mini yukon gold potatoes
- 2 pounds boneless chicken, breasts and thighs
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Salt and pepper
- If the potatoes are smaller than golf balls, leave whole. If they are larger than golf balls, cut in half. Place the potatoes in the crock of a large slow cooker. Cover and slow cook on high for 2 hours, or on low for 3-4 hours.
- Once the potatoes are halfway cooked, lay the chicken over the top. Add the minced garlic, herb springs, 2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper. Pour the melted butter over the top.
- Cover and continue slow cooking until the chicken is cooked through, 1 1/2 - 2 hours on high, 3-4 hours on low. Stir, a couple times while cooking.
Yield: 6 servings, Serving Size: 6
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 612 Calories
- Total Fat: 34.6g
- Saturated Fat: 17.8g
- Cholesterol: 196mg
- Sodium: 490mg
- Carbohydrates: 26.9g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Sugar: 2.4g
- Protein: 46.8g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!