Easy 2-Ingredient Oven Roasted Potatoes with Pesto
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Fresh Basil Pesto
When I think of pesto, I’m flooded with memories and longing taste buds for the meals that I experienced in Italy.
If you’ve ever been to the Liguria region of Italy you know what I am talking about… Pesto is on everything!
Bright, zesty pesto adds a punch of fresh herbaceous flavor that enhances nearly any meal. It’s no wonder why it is such a popular component of Italian cooking!
I still love pesto on so many dishes, and finally decided I had to try it on potatoes.
In a word: Bellisima.
Oven Roasted Potatoes with Pesto
I mean, what could be more comforting than pesto and potatoes?
This Easy 2-Ingredient Oven Roasted Potatoes recipe will be a family favorite before long. It is the perfect side dish to compliment your favorite protein.
Everyone in the family will be asking when this pesto potato recipe will make a return to the dinner table.
It’s so simple to make, and offers such a vibrant pop of flavor!
Italian Pesto Ingredients
Traditionally, ingredients to make pesto include:
- Crushed garlic
- Pine nuts
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
The ingredients of pesto are blended together to create a beautiful aromatic green sauce that can be used to top pasta al dente, fish, sandwiches, or whatever you choose!
Oven Roasted Potatoes Recipe Ingredients
- Mini New Potatoes – Can’t make pesto potatoes without the potatoes! You can use white, golden, or red potatoes.
- Basil Pesto – This adds lots of flavor in one simple ingredient. Use jarred pesto or make it from scratch.
Don’t forget to salt and pepper the herb roasted potatoes as well.
How To Make Pesto Roasted Potatoes
- First, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prep the potatoes by cutting the smaller potatoes in half and the larger potatoes in quarters. Place your potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Spoon the pesto over the potatoes and toss to coat on all sides.
- Spread the potatoes out in a single layer on the baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Use a large flat spatula to flip the potatoes over. Spread them out again, and continue to roast until just crispy.
Serve immediately while nice and hot.
Leftovers will keep well in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-5 days. Enjoy cold, or reheat in the oven…a microwave won’t get them nice and crispy again.
Get the Full (Printable) Easy 2-Ingredient Oven Roasted Potatoes with Pesto Recipe Below. Enjoy!
What Is Pesto Made From?
Traditionally, pesto is made from blended basil, pine nuts, garlic, olive oil, and parmesan.
You can add different ingredients such as sun-dried tomatoes to create different variations of pesto.
Does Pesto Go Bad?
Yes, it does. An opened jar of pesto should last about 3 weeks in the fridge.
Homemade pesto will last about one week. But it tastes so fresh and inviting, it’s worth making at home!
Can I Use Different Potatoes Other Than Mini New Potatoes?
Of course, use what you have. We chose Mini New Potatoes for the small size! Small potatoes, means less prep work.
Can I Use Homemade Pesto?
You bet ya! Homemade pesto is very fresh and delicious baked with the potatoes.
Can I Use Red Pesto To Make This Recipe?
Absolutely! If you prefer a different variation of pesto, use that to top this herb roasted potato recipe!
What Is Pesto Used For?
You can use pesto to top anything that you can think of!
Our favorites are pesto chicken, pesto potatoes, pesto pasta, pesto pizza, or pesto fish. Pesto is delicious on just about anything.
Looking for More Amazing Pesto Recipes?
- Baked Parmesan Pesto Chicken
- Avocado Pesto Stuffed Shells
- Fresh Kale Pesto
- Grilled Pesto Pizza
- Red Pepper Pesto Pasta
- Baked Pesto Chicken and Tortellini
- See ALL of our Side Dishes!
Easy 2-Ingredient Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the smaller potatoes in half and the larger potatoes in quarters. Place them on a baking sheet. Spoon the pesto over the potatoes and toss to coat on all sides.
- Spread the potatoes out in a single layer on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes. Then use a large flat spatula to flip the potatoes over.
- Spread them out again, and continue to roast another 15-20 minutes until crispy.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!