Creamy Homemade Catalina Dressing, perfect for taco salad and as a dip for veggies!
Today I’m sharing an awesome crunchy salad I’m calling the Ultimate Dorito Taco Salad Recipe tossed with Catalina dressing.
There’s bottled Catalina Dressing, and then there’s bold and zesty Homemade Catalina Dressing… I’m sure you can guess which one I suggest using.
This simple recipe takes less than 5 minutes to make and is so much better than store-bought dressing. Plus you can adjust the salt, spice and sweetness to taste to make it exactly how you like it.
Homemade Catalina Dressing is not only fantastic on taco salad, it’s great drizzled over avocado slices, as a veggie dip, brushed over baked chicken, and as a spicy soup stir-in!
Homemade Catalina Dressing
Yield: 1 3/4 cup
Prep Time:5 minutes
Creamy Homemade Catalina Dressing Recipe! This easy and zesty recipe is perfect over taco salads, avocados, or as a dip!
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey or agave
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- Pour the vinegar, ketchup, honey, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, and onion powder in a blender. Cover and puree.
- With the blender running, open the vent in the lid and slowly drizzle the oil into the blender to emulsify. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate in an air-tight container for up to a month.
Yield: 1 3/4 cup, Serving Size: 14
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 96 Calories
- Total Fat: 7.8g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8g
- Sodium: 68mg
- Carbohydrates: 6.7g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sugar: 6.4g
- Protein: 0.2g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!