Homemade Catalina Dressing
Today I’m sharing an awesome crunchy salad I call the Ultimate Dorito Taco Salad Recipe tossed with Catalina dressing. But this post will focus on the dressing…
There’s bottled Catalina Dressing, and then there’s bold and zesty Homemade Catalina Dressing. I’m sure you can guess which one I suggest using.
This simple recipe takes less than 5 minutes to make and is so much better than store-bought dressing. Plus you can adjust the salt, spice, and sweetness to taste to make it exactly how you like it.
Best Catalina Dressing Recipe
This Catalina Dressing Recipe only takes 7 ingredients to make! And I bet you have most of them in your pantry right now. If not, get your shopping list ready. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Red Wine Vinegar – This brings a more rich taste to the recipe than just regular white wine vinegar.
- Ketchup – The perfect blend of vinegar and sugar. Plus tomatoes!
- Honey – You can either use honey or agave! Of course, this adds the sweet flavor to the dressing.
- Worcestershire Sauce – Another savory-sweet condiment to add.
- Smoked Paprika – This adds a smoky flavor to the dressing. Try turning up the heat by using hot smoked paprika.
- Onion Powder – Get a more concentrated onion flavor by using onion powder.
- Grapeseed Oil – If you don’t have or can’t find grapeseed oil just replace it with any other flavorless oil.
How To Make Homemade Dressing
Pour the vinegar, ketchup, honey, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, and onion powder in a blender. Cover and puree.
With the blender running, open the vent in the lid and slowly drizzle the oil into the blender to emulsify. Salt and pepper to taste.
Refrigerate in an air-tight container for up to a month!
Since there are a lot of vinegar-based products in Catalina Dressing this homemade dressing recipe can last for quite a while in your fridge! One month to be exact!
More Than Just Dressing
So try giving these recipes a go!
See The Recipe Card Below For How To Make Homemade Catalina Dressing. Enjoy!
More Salad Dressing Recipes to Try!
- The Best Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Grilled Romaine Salad + Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing
- How To Make The Best Tzatziki Sauce
- Quinoa Salad Recipe with Green Chile Dressing
- Homemade Italian Dressing from Five Heart Home
Homemade Catalina Dressing
- Pour the vinegar, ketchup, honey, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, and onion powder in a blender. Cover and puree.
- With the blender running, open the vent in the lid and slowly drizzle the oil into the blender to emulsify. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate in an air-tight container for up to a month.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!