Hey Hot Sauce Lovers! Today I’ve got salad dressing that will make you want to do a line dance… Texas Pete Vinaigrette.
I know most of you are baking amazing Halloween treats, decorating your house with spider webs, or working on your costume for tonight. So I’ll keep it short today…
I love giving classic dishes hellacious heat for Halloween. Whether you think of that as a trick or as a treat, trust me when I tell you this Texas Pete Vinaigrette will give your salad a kick that even the underworld can appreciate.
I used Texas Pete because it offers classic hot sauce flavor, that so many of us love. But you could substitute your favorite hot sauce in this recipe.
Simply place all the ingredients in a jar, screw on the lid, and shake!
By the way… your Texas Pete Vinaigrette doesn’t have to be fiery hot. You can adjust the heat and sweetness to suit your tastebuds. And it’s sweet, spicy and tangy appeal makes it a fabulous salad dressing for any day of the year!
Texas Pete Vinaigrette
Yield: 1/2 cup
Prep Time:3 minutes
- 1/4 cup light flavored oil (vegetable, grapeseed, avocado oil)
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 – 3 teaspoons Texas Pete Hot Sauce (or your favorite hot sauce)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 -3 teaspoons honey
- Salt and Pepper
- Place all the ingredients in a canning jar. Start with 1 1/2 teaspoons Texas Pete and 2 teaspoons honey. Screw the lid on tight.
- Shake vigorously, then taste. Add salt and pepper, plus more hot sauce and honey if needed.
- Drizzle over your favorite salad.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
Other Great Recipes
Is Facebook’s New Auto-Play Video Feature Costing You Money? Next Post
Family Friendly Halloween Movies and Popcorn