Butter Chicken Curry Pizza
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Chicken Curry Pizza – In this quick and easy recipe naan is loaded with melty mozzarella cheese and tender butter masala chicken (made with jarred sauce) for a fun weeknight dinner with lots of flavor.
Why We Love This Butter Chicken Pizza Recipe
We are BIG fans of pizza parties ’round here. Bread, sauce, cheese, basically ANY toppings you can think of… Pizzas have all of the yummy things you want on one edible plate! It’s no wonder that we keep coming up with exciting new ways to work favorite ingredients into the classic pizza framework.
Over the years we have shared many spectacular ‘za recipes that are creative, customizable, and utterly delicious. Versions like our Mac and Cheese Pizza, Chicken Teriyaki Pizza, Chicken Tex-Mex Pizza, and Red Pepper Pizza with Pickled Peppers have been super popular with readers! And now we are thrilled to welcome this fabulous Butter Chicken Curry Pizza recipe to the lineup.
This mealtime mash-up is so addictive and easy to whip up, you will have it on your regular recipe rotation in no time! Speaking of time, we use store-bought naan as the pizza crust (no need for pizza dough here) and a jar of butter chicken masala or tikka masala sauce; so you can make these irresistible personal pizzas in well under an hour.
Ingredients You Need
- Butter – unsalted
- Chicken – boneless and skinless thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Butter chicken simmer sauce – or tikka masala sauce, jarred
- Naan – store-bought or try our fantastic Homemade Naan recipe
- Mozzarella – shredded
- Bell pepper – any color, seeded and sliced
- Red onion – peeled and sliced
- Pickled jalapeno slices – store-bought or try our easy Homemade Quick Pickled Jalapeno recipe
- Goat cheese – crumbled
- Fresh mint – or basil or cilantro
How to Make Butter Chicken Curry Pizza
Preheat the oven to 450°F.
Set a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the butter. Once melted, add the chopped chicken pieces. Salt and pepper the chicken liberally, then stir to brown the chicken pieces on all sides, about 5 minutes.
Pour the butter chicken sauce into the pan. Stir to coat the chicken pieces in the masala sauce. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Meanwhile, chop all the fresh ingredients for the pizzas.
Once the butter chicken curry has fully cooked, lay the pieces of naan bread out on baking sheets.
Spoon the chicken curry sauce evenly over the top of the naan, leaving room around the edge.
Sprinkle the top of each curry pizza with a ¼ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
Get the Complete (Printable) Butter Chicken Curry Pizza Recipe Below. Enjoy!
Then top each Indian pizza with thinly sliced bell pepper, onion, jalapeños, and a little bit of goat cheese.
Place the pizzas in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
When the pizzas come out of the oven, sprinkle with fresh mint and serve warm.
Enjoy these personal-sized curry pizzas with a simple green salad, or pair them with your favorite Indian side dishes!
And you HAVE to try Kulfi Ice Cream for dessert!
Frequently Asked Questions
Both butter chicken and tikka masala are Indian sauces with tomato and cream as the base. Butter chicken features – well, a good deal of butter – and has a milder taste and decadent consistency. Tikka masala, on the other hand, is not as creamy and is made with heartier spices that have a bit of spicy heat.
No, butter chicken is a mild sauce.
The short answer: Heaven.
But seriously, the flavors here are fantastic. It is a rich and buttery sauce with a light tomato taste, but the bold garam masala spices really shine. It’s earthy, smoky, and a bit sweet. People who aren’t fans of spicy curries usually love this sauce!
Curry pizza is best to enjoy freshly made – and honestly, leftovers have never been an issue here. But should you find yourself with extra, let the pizza cool completely before transferring slices to an airtight container. Keep in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days, but note that the consistency of the naan will change after being refrigerated.
Place the slices on a baking sheet and bake at 350° F for about 10 minutes. However, our FAVORITE way to reheat leftover butter chicken pizza (and just about everything else) is in the Air Fryer with this handy How To Reheat Pizza guide! Simply air fry slices at 350° F for 3-4 minutes until melty on top and crisp on the bottom.
Looking for More Easy Dinner Recipes? Be Sure to Also Try:
- Tandori Chicken Tikka Skewers
- Easy Chicken Madras Curry
- Tostadas de Tinga (Chicken Tostadas)
- Roasted Vegetable Flatbread
- Navajo Fry Bread
Butter Chicken Curry Pizza Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 16 ounces boneless chicken thighs cut into 1-inch pieces
- 16 ounce jar butter chicken simmer sauce or tikka masala
- 6 pieces naan bread
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced bell pepper
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup pickled jalapeno slices
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh mint or basil
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Set a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the butter. Once melted, add the chopped chicken pieces. Salt and pepper the chicken liberally, then stir to brown the chicken pieces on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the butter chicken sauce into the pan. Stir to coat the chicken pieces in the masala sauce. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Meanwhile chop all the fresh ingredients for the pizzas.
- Once the butter chicken curry has fully cooked, lay the pieces of naan bread out on baking sheets.
- Spoon the chicken curry and sauce evenly over the top of the naan, leaving room around the edge. Sprinkle the top of each pizza with a ¼ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Then top each pizza with sliced bell pepper, onion, jalapeños, and a little bit of goat cheese. Place the pizzas in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- When the pizzas come out of the oven, sprinkle with fresh mint and serve warm.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!