Grilled Chicken Teriyaki Pizza
Hot sizzling Grilled Chicken Teriyaki Pizza with fresh pineapple and bacon… Heaven!
Summer is here!!!
Although it’s not official on the calendar, I think we can all agree it’s official in our hearts.
It’s time to brush off the grill and start cooking outdoors several nights each week. Although our typical go-to grill items are chicken, steak, and veggies, I like to throw in a curveball now and again, like grilled desserts or grilled pizza!
Pizza is a fabulous on the grill, because the crust cooks quickly (faster than a standard oven) creating a smoky blistered quality like traditional wood-burning pizza ovens. You can throw pizza straight onto the grates, but I feel you get a better result by heating a large baking stone on the grill.
Pizza topping combinations are seemingly endless. Although we love traditional Italian toppings, I get very excited to experiment with unique flavor options. After all, why be bland when you can be awesome!
Today’s Grilled Chicken Teriyaki Pizza recipe is packed with awesomeness like: zingy Soy Vay® Veri Veri Teriyaki Marinade found at Walmart, chopped chicken, fresh pineapple chunks, crisp salty bacon, and scallions.
This simple blend of flavors creates and fusion of intrigue for you tastebuds with very little effort.
By using the Soy Vay® Veri Veri Teriyaki to marinade the chicken, and as the sauce for the pizzas, you get an intense flavor that is hard to resist.
These Grilled Chicken Teriyaki Pizzas are sweet, salty, savory, tangy, and oh so appealing!
Start by cutting a 1 pound ball of pizza dough into 4 pieces. Roll each piece out into a 8 inch circle. It’s easiest to move small pizzas on and off the grill, rather than one large pizza.
Then spread a little Soy Vay® Veri Veri Teriyaki Marinade over the crust.
Toss cooked chopped chicken with teriyaki marinade as well and sprinkle it over the pizzas, followed by fresh pineapple, bacon, scallions, and a little shredded cheese.
It’s best not to place too many toppings on the pizzas. A little sprinkling goes a long way.
Use a baking sheet or pizza paddle to slide the pizzas onto a hot baking stone set over the grill.
Within 3 to 5 minutes, you will have fresh sizzling Grilled Chicken Teriyaki Pizza with a crispy crust.
No one can resist Grilled Chicken Teriyaki Pizza. Trust me.
Want to know more about Soy Vay® Veri Veri Teriyaki Marinade? It contains…
- High quality and visible ingredients
- No preservatives
- No high fructose corn syrup
- No artificial flavors
- And it’s Kosher
Find out more here!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Soy Vay®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Grilled Chicken Teriyaki Pizza
- 1 pound homemade pizza dough, or store-bought
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken (use leftovers or a rotisserie chicken)
- 3/4 cup chopped cooked bacon (about 8 thick-cut strips)
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup Soy Vay® Veri Veri Teriyaki Marinade, divided
- Preheat the grill to high heat, 500-600 degrees F. Place a large baking stone over the grates.
- Place the chopped chicken in a medium bowl and pour 1/4 cup Soy Vay® Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce over the top. Toss to coat.
- Cut the pizza dough into four equal pieces, then roll each piece out into an 8-inch circle. Spread 1 tablespoon of teriyaki sauce over each crust, leaving a 1/2 inch rim around the edges. Then top each pizza with chicken, pineapple, bacon, scallions and a scant sprinkling of cheese. It's best not to overkill on any topping.
- Slide the pizzas onto a baking sheet with a large flat spatula. Then transfer them to the hot baking stone on the grill. (You may need to grill one or two at a time.) Close the grill and cook for 3-5 minutes, until the edges are crisp and bubbly. Remove and repeat if needed.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!