Best Crab Salad (Seafood Salad Recipe)
This easy Seafood Salad Recipe is made with tender lump crab meat and just a handful of wholesome pantry staples. It’s prepared in only 5 minutes, and is perfect to enjoy as a tasty snack or to make crab salad sandwiches!
The Best Seafood Salad (Crab Salad) Recipe
If you love a good lobster roll, crab rolls with fresh-made Crab Salad will be right up your alley.
A perfectly chilled seafood salad features a creamy and light dressing that includes mayonnaise, chopped dill, and a squeeze of lemon juice. So it’s bright and tangy, and incredibly tasty!
Best of all, this simple crab salad recipe is made with REAL crab meat, not the imitation variety. Every bite is packed with fresh seafood flavor that’s great to enjoy with crackers, on salads, or in buttered hoagie rolls.
Ingredients You Need
There are only a handful of simple ingredients in this Seafood Salad recipe because you really want the crab to shine as the star here.
To make the best Crab Salad you need:
- Fresh cooked crab meat – out of the shell, either purchased fresh from the seafood counter or in packaged refrigerated canisters
- Celery – finely chopped, for a wonderful crunch
- Mayonnaise – either regular or low fat
- Fresh chopped dill – to get that signature seafood salad flavor
- Lemon juice – the bit of acidity really brings all of the ingredients together
- Seasonings – garlic powder, salt, and pepper
I used one 8-ounce container of jumbo lump crab meat and one container of crab special blend to create a mixture of larger and smaller crab chunks.
How to Make Crab Salad in 5 Minutes
This easy, quick, and foolproof recipe is seriously made in just 5 minutes. And although (I personally think) it tastes best after chilling in the fridge for a bit, the salad absolutely can be enjoyed right after it is made. So whip up a batch right before guests arrive, and serve an impressive dish that takes barely any effort or time to prepare!
Follow these simple steps to make the best Seafood Salad for crab rolls or snacks:
First, you need to prep the fresh crab. If you’re using cooked crab meat from canisters, drain and rinse the crab meat for the best flavor. However, if your crabmeat comes from a seafood counter, there’s no need to rinse it.
Place the crab meat in a large mixing bowl.
Add the chopped celery, mayo, dill, lemon juice, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper to the bowl.
Get the Complete (Printable) Crab Salad Recipe + VIDEO Below. Enjoy!
Gently mix. You want to coat the crab well with the dressing, but not break up any large pieces.
Taste, then add additional salt and pepper if needed. Enjoy right away, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
How to Make Crab Salad Sandwiches
My favorite way to use seafood salad is to make crab rolls! Seriously, this recipe makes the best filling for classic Crab Salad Sandwiches.
Lightly toast or load up room temperature buttery hoagie rolls with lots of seafood salad goodness. Sure, you can add lettuce if you want. But really there’s no need for any extra sandwich ingredients here.
Other Ideas for How to Serve Seafood Salad
Another fantastic way to enjoy crab salad is as, well, a salad! Load crisp fresh greens, like iceberg lettuce, with a generous scoop of seafood salad for a light and yummy lunch. There’s no need to add any extra dressing since the seafood salad is already perfectly creamy and flavorful.
It’s also great to serve as a snack or appetizer at your summer gatherings! Pair with crunchy buttery crackers for scooping.
This crab salad recipe is excellent as a make ahead dish! Prepare it a few hours or even a day or so before you plan to serve.
Keep the seafood salad in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Take chilled crab salad along on picnics, serve at summer gatherings, or enjoy as an afternoon lunch or snack with rolls or crackers!
Looking for More Quick and Easy Seafood Recipes?
- Perfect Maryland Crab Cakes (Baked or Sauteed)
- Best Tuna Tartare (Easy Ahi Tuna Recipe
- Lobster Tostadas
- Best Main Lobster Rolls
- Hawaiian Ahi Poke Recipe
Best Crab Salad (Seafood Salad Recipe) + VIDEO
- If using cooked crab meat from a refrigerated canisters, drain and rinse the crab meat for the best flavor. If you’re your crabmeat comes from a seafood counter, there’s no need to rinse it.
- Place the crab meat in a large mixing bowl. Add the celery, mayo, dill, lemon juice, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Gently mix. You want to coat the crab well, but not break up any large pieces.
- Taste, then add additional salt and pepper if needed. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!