9 Layer Asian Salad
I’ve got an old-school layer salad for you today with BIG crunch. This easy Asian Salad with Asian Salad Dressing offers a rainbow of flavor in every last bite!
When I was a little girl, I used to get really excited at the prospects of a potluck.
Whether it was a church or neighborhood affair, the thought of long tables with seemingly endless dishes, was something I would fixate on for weeks in advance.
Would there be pies and cobblers? Of course there would be.
Broccoli casserole? Fluffy Jello Salad? Homemade rolls and lemonade? Yes. Yes, of course.
Maybe even barbecued chicken legs or a baked ham!
All of these things would have my head spinning with delight, as I wondered who would bring what, and if the kids would get to go through the line first.
One dish that never seemed to miss a single potluck was a big layer salad served in a large glass bowl.
The colorful bands of veggies, meat and toppings (visible on eye-level for a child) made the layer salads look so inviting, I could never resist digging right in.
I miss those old-school potlucks…
This fabulous asian salad, stacked in beautiful bands of taste and texture, is a throwback to the good ol’ days when large groups of people came together with dishes to share.
The cool crisp veggies are complemented by layers of juicy grilled chicken, crunchy chinese noodles, and toasted almonds.
And let’s not forget the asian salad dressing…
A savory-sweet blend of sesame, honey, soy and ginger to drizzle over the whole bowl before tossing.
This asian salad is so satisfying, you don’t really need the rest of the potluck table, but then you might miss out on a lot of fun!
Let this salad inspire you to get your neighbors together this summer.
Simple tasty dishes + good people = a lifetime of happy memories.
Asian Salad + Asian Salad Dressing
For the Asian Salad:
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 cups sliced radishes
- 1 1/2 pounds grilled chicken chopped
- 1 1/2 cups snow peas chopped
- 1 1/2 cups crispy Chinese noodles
- 1 cup sliced red onions
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup blanched almonds or toasted and sliced
- Chop and slice all the ingredients for the salad. Neatly stack the ingredients in a large glass bowl in this order: romaine, carrots, radishes, grilled chicken, snow peas, crispy Chinese noodles, red onion, green onion, almonds. If you plan to make the salad early and save for later, keep the crispy Chinese noodles separate and add as the final layer before serving.
- To make the Asian salad dressing, place all the ingredients in a small jar. Cover the jar and shake to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
More Asian Salad Recipes
Vietnamese Banh Mi Salad
Asian Ramen Salad – Table for Two
Asian Salad Wonton Cups – Good Life Eats