Crunchy Bell Pepper Salad
Why We Love This Summer Salad Recipe
Deliciously cold salads are a must-have for summertime fun… Picnics, potlucks, pool parties, and backyard barbecues simply aren’t complete without at least one good chilled salad option.
Crunchy Bell Pepper Salad is one of our favorite summer recipes. It is a no-cook dish that’s a snap to put together in only 15 minutes, and is great to make ahead! Simply slice and chop fresh peppers, carrots, onions, dill, and mint, then toss with olive oil, lemon, and honey. Before you know it everything’s done and you are kicking back by the pool.
Serve this deliciously unique crunchy salad as a side or as a topping on tacos or sandwiches!
Ingredients You Need
- Bell peppers – any colors you like
- Carrots – shredded
- Red onion – thinly sliced
- Garlic – minced
- Fresh dill – chopped
- Fresh mint – chopped
- Olive oil – or other preferred neutral-flavored oil, like avocado
- Lemon juice – freshly squeezed
- Honey – or agave to make vegan
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Bell Pepper Salad
Set out a large mixing bowl. Cut the tops off the bell peppers, remove the seeds, and slice into thin segments 1 ½ – 2 inches long. Place the sliced peppers in the mixing bowl.
Chop all the remaining veggies and herbs, then add them to the bowl. Toss to mix.
Drizzle olive oil, lemon juice, and honey over the salad. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
Get the Complete (Printable) Crunchy Bell Pepper Summer Salad Recipe Below. Enjoy!
Then taste, and add additional salt and pepper as needed.
Chill until ready to serve.
- We love a bright combo of red, green, yellow, and orange bell peppers. But this salad is delish with any bell pepper colors you like!
- In the summer, bell peppers are usually sweet, and you can use less honey. However, in the colder months, you may need the full 2 teaspoons to balance the flavors.
- Instantly make this a vegan recipe by subbing honey for agave syrup.
- Make a crunchy bell pepper salad with Mexican and southwestern flavors by swapping the mint and dill with fresh chopped cilantro.
Enjoy perfectly chilled bell pepper salad alongside your favorite summertime dishes! It’s great to pair with fresh and light mains like Lemon Pepper Grilled Cod, Roasted Red Snapper, Slow Cooker Smoked Pulled Pork, or simple Grilled Chicken.
This summer salad also doubles as a fabulous summer slaw on tacos and sandwiches! Serve with fish or shrimp tacos, BBQ Carnitas Tacos, and Shredded Chicken Tacos to add extra crunch and vibrant flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you make bell peppers crisp?
To keep your peppers crunchy and fresh, I recommend that you keep them stored in the crisper drawer of the fridge for no more than 3 or 4 days. If they get a bit soft, shock them back to crispness with a quick ice bath! First, wash the bell peppers, then slice and plunge them into a bowl of ice water. Let them sit for up to 15 minutes before removing them with a slotted spoon and drying them on paper towels.
Can this pepper slaw be made ahead?
Yes, this is great to prepare the morning of or even the day before you plan to serve.
How long does bell pepper salad last in the refrigerator?
It will technically keep well for up to 5 days. However, the peppers will start to become soft after a day or two.
Looking for More Summer Salad Recipes?
- Chunky Strawberry Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
- Grilled Corn Salad with Smokey Vinaigrette
- Summer Cobb Salad
- Mexican Caprese Salad
- Fresh Corn Succotash
Crunchy Bell Pepper Salad
- Set out a large mixing bowl. Cut the tops off the bell peppers, remove the seeds, and slice into thin segments 1 ½ – 2 inches long. Place the sliced peppers in the mixing bowl.
- Chop all the remaining veggies and herbs, then add them to the bowl. Toss to mix.
- Drizzle olive oil, lemon juice, and honey over the salad. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Mix well. Then taste, and add additional salt and pepper as needed.
- Chill until ready to serve.