Glittery Thumbprint Cookies with cherry preserves and crystallized ginger could be the crowned jewel of your cookie exchange this year!
Every holiday season, my heart is filled with child-like delight at the thought of Cookie Baking Day. I love everything about baking holiday cookies:
- Making an array of recipes that vary in color, shape, texture and flavor.
- The family fun that comes along with baking together.
- The Christmas music playing in the background.
- The cherished memories that surface of past holiday seasons.
- The fact that Christmas cookies are made to share with unsuspecting friends, or at a cookies exchange.
- The wrapping of the cookies with vibrant ribbons and tags.
- And the inevitable smiles that follow when you hand a plate of pure joy to a loved one.
Cookies = Happiness, if only for a moment.
A nibble of happiness, may not last a lifetime, but it sure can brighten someone’s day.
In my mind, no other cookie variety can compete with thumbprint cookies.
The tender buttery dough bakes into soft delicate cookie shells, filled with endless possibilities.
My favorite recipe is Dulce de Leche Thumbprint Cookies sprinkled with sea salt, but I have a soft spot for the chocolate and fruity variations as well.
This year’s holiday thumbprint recipe, Cherry Ginger Thumbprints Cookies, is a close runner-up.
Made with sour cherry preserves, sweet and spicy crystallized ginger, and golden shimmer sugar to make the cookies sparkle, they are just as lovely as they taste.
These thumbprint cookies will most certainly be at my cookie exchange this year. Maybe they’ll make it to yours as well!
PAGE: 1 2
Crock-Pot Bacon Wrapped Beef Tenderloin + Balsamic Glaze Next Post
Pistachio Chocolate Shortbread Cookies