The Best Italian Pasta Salad Recipe
Yield: 8-12 servings
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:8 minutes
The Best Italian Pasta Salad Recipe – Hands down the most perfect Italian style pasta salad we’ve ever tried!
For the Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dried Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Italian Pasta Salad:
- 1 pound fusilli pasta
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup chopped hard salami slices
- 3/4 cup chopped grilled piquillo peppers (or jarred roasted red peppers)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 12 ounces mini mozzarella balls, drained and halved (22-24 balls)
- 3.8 ounce can sliced black olives, drained
- Place a large pot of water over high heat and bring to a boil. Add a large spoonful of salt to the water. Then stir in the dried pasta. Cook according to package instructions, usually 6-8 minutes to al dente. Drain the pasta, and rinse with cold water in a colander. Shake off the excess water and place the pasta in a large salad bowl.
- While the pasta is boiling, whisk all the ingredients of the vinaigrette in a small bowl. Set aside. Then chop all the salad ingredients.
- Pour the tomatoes, sliced hard salami, chopped piquillo peppers, red onion, parsley, mozzarella ball and olives over the pasta. Pour the vinaigrette over the top and toss well to coat. Taste, then season with salt and pepper as needed.
NOTE: The Best Italian Pasta Salad Recipe tastes best, when it’s had time to sit, so the flavors mingle together. If you can, make it several hours (or even a day) ahead.
Yield: 8-12 servings, Serving Size: 12
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 346 Calories
- Total Fat: 17.4g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Sodium: 458mg
- Carbohydrates: 36.1g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Sugar: 4.8g
- Protein: 13.2g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
PAGE: 1 2