Ultimate Brownie Mix Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Ultimate Brownie Mix Cookies Recipe – Decadent brookies look like classic chocolate cookies and taste like fudgy homemade brownies, but are quick and easy to make with your favorite box mix and just a few pantry staples!
Why We Love This Recipe
Brownie Mix Cookies… What’s not to love?! Here we take literally two of the best classic baked goodies and combine them into one perfectly handheld decadent (and fun) dessert or snack.
Kids and adults alike practically beg for these chocolatey, lightly crisp, chewy, melt-in-your-mouth brookies as soon as they pop out of the oven. So it’s a good thing they take less time to chill than a full pan of brownies. Plus, brownie cookies are less messy than standard brownies, no cutting required.
You can use a simple box mix, or homemade brownie mix, combined with just a few pantry staples to make the most amazing rich fudgy chocolate cookies you’ve ever tasted. This quick and easy brownie mix cookies recipe is great to customize to your tastes and load up with other add-ins, like different flavored chips and chopped nuts.
Ingredients You Need
- Brownie box mix -your favorite brand and flavor, like Ghirardelli chocolate supreme
- All-purpose flour – to “bulk up” the brownie mix into full cookies
- Vegetable oil – or other preferred neutral-flavored oil like canola oil or sunflower oil
- Eggs – at room temperature is best for baking
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips – or other add-ins you like (keep reading for some of our favorite suggestions!)
How to Make the Best Brownie Mix Cookies
Preheat the oven to 350°F and set out several baking sheets. Line the baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
Set out a large bowl. Combine the brownie mix and all-purpose flour.
Whisk well. Then add in the oil and eggs.
Mix into a thick batter.
Get the Complete (Printable) Ultimate Brownie Mix Cookies Recipe + VIDEO Below. Enjoy!
Mix in ½ cup of chocolate chips and/or other goodies.
Keep reading for suggestions of our favorite add-ins for brownie cookies!
Portion the dough out into 1-inch balls, using a cookie scoop. Roll the cookie dough balls tight and place them on the baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Then press several chocolate chips into the top of each cookie.
Bake at 350°F for 8 to 11 minutes. The center should look slightly undercooked, but the edges should be well set.
Cool on the baking sheets (or a wire rack) until firm enough to lift.
Best Brookie Recipe Add-Ins
This brownie mix cookies recipe makes an indulgent treat as-is… But don’t stop there! If you are feeling extra extra you can swap regular choco chips or mix in any of these ingredients:
- Flavored baking chips – dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, mint chips, peanut butter chips, or butterscotch chips
- Chopped nuts – peanuts, walnuts, almonds, pecans
- Candy pieces – small candies like mini M&Ms or mini peanut butter cups, chopped candy bars, or sprinkles
- Additional goodies – shredded coconut, dried cherries, espresso powder, or other dried and chopped fruits
Frequently Asked Questions
Use your favorite GF-friendly boxed brownie mix, plus a gluten-free all-purpose flour alternative. Do not use a GF baking mix in addition to the brownie mix; you want just a simple flour substitute like almond or cassava flour. Note that more oil might be necessary to achieve the same brownie batter thickness.
Cookie dough is thick and holds its shape when scooped, similar to ice cream. Brownie batter, on the other hand, is much less thick and has an almost pourable consistency.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 10 days.
Yes, these treats are great to freeze! After baking and cooling, wrap each cookie individually in plastic wrap, or place together in a plastic bag stacked with parchment paper between the layers. Keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
The chocolate flavor, crispy exterior, and fudgy center pair perfectly with vanilla ice cream. Top a bowl of ice cream with a cookie… Or make ice cream sandwiches with a scoop pressed between two cookies!
Looking for More Easy Dessert Recipes? Be Sure to Also Try:
- Strawberry Brownies with Chocolate Brownie Frosting
- Chocolate Mint Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
- S’mores Brownies
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ultimate Brownie Mix Cookies Recipe + VIDEO
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and set out several baking sheets. Line the baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Set out a large mixing bowl. Combine the brownie mix and all-purpose flour. Whisk well. Then add in the oil and eggs. Mix into a thick batter.
- Mix in ½ cup of chocolate chips. Portion the dough out into 1 inch balls. Roll the balls tight and place on the baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Then press several extra chocolate chips into the top of each cookie.
- Bake at 350°F for 8 to 11 minutes. The center should look slightly undercooked, but the edges should be well set. Cool on the baking sheets until firm enough to lift.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!