The Best Strawberry Cookie Pizza Recipe
The Best Strawberry Pizza Recipe – The cookie base of our strawberry dessert pizza is so tender and flavorful! Made with fresh, sweet strawberries and tangy goat cheese, you’ll want to make this cookie pizza all season long.
Strawberry Cookie Pizza
No, really. This is the BEST Strawberry Pizza Recipe out there!
Generally, I don’t go throwing around the words “the best” unless am sure I’m right.
I am sure, friends… I’m really, truly sure about this one. So simple, yet sooooooo delightful.
Made with fresh blushing strawberries, honey-sweetened goat cheese, and the best sugar cookie base you’ll ever taste, The Best Strawberry Pizza is a recipe I’ll stand behind as a treat you’re going to share with friends again and again.
In fact, I would bet money if you serve it this summer, your friends will think you’re a genius and ask for the recipe.
You don’t have to tell them you found it here. Just nod and smile.
What Makes This The Best Strawberry Dessert Pizza
There are three things that are necessary to make The Best Strawberry Pizza so darn good…
- You have to make it in the late spring or summertime when strawberries are ripe and in season.
- You have to use soft fresh goat cheese, not cream cheese, or some other inferior substitute. (No offense to cream cheese, but is there really any comparison?)
- You have to make this particular sugar cookie base. If you try to fudge it and buy a pre-made sugar cookie log, it will no longer be the best. *wink*
Winking aside, I’m serious about number three. We’re using my tried-and-true very best sugar cookie dough that kicks all other sugar cookies to the curb. It’s light and tender, with the perfect balance of vanilla, salt, and buttery essence.
This sugar cookie base is the ideal platform for unadulterated toppings like fresh summer berries, honey, and chevre.
How To Make Fruit Cookie Pizza with Strawberries
1. First, make the cookie base. Preheat the oven and line a 10×15-inch rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Then scrape the bowl and add the egg and vanilla. Beat again to combine. Then with the mixer running, slowly add in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Scrape the bowl and beat again until smooth.
4. Meanwhile, mix the softened goat cheese and honey together until smooth. This combination is heavenly and a little fancy.
And if you don’t have goat cheese on hand, I guess you could use cream cheese… Just remember, it won’t be quite as good!
5. Once the cookie base comes out of the oven, allow it to cool for 5 minutes, then spread the goat cheese mixture evenly over the base while it’s still a little warm.
Waiting for the sugar cookie to cool allows for easier spreading of the cheese on this strawberry dessert pizza.
Now for the strawberries!
Get the Complete (Printable) Best Strawberry Pizza Recipe Below. Enjoy!
6. Next, hull the strawberries and slice into thin pieces. Start at one end and line the strawberry slices across the pizza, overlapping each row for complete coverage.
Cut and serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
This recipe can last for a couple of days in the refrigerator, but it usually doesn’t last that long in my family. It’s that good.
Make this Fruit Pizza Recipe in Advance
To make this recipe in advance, you can make the sugar cookie dough and freeze or refrigerate a couple of days ahead before baking.
The goat cheese and honey mixture can also be mixed ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to a week.
But please, please use fresh strawberries for this recipe; they make all the difference. Cut and assemble the day of serving and enjoy!
Dessert Pizzas Are Perfect For Summer
The Best Strawberry Cookie Pizza captures the essence of summer. It’s simple, casual, fun, and completely unforgettable.
It’s a fabulous treat for picnics, summer barbecues, and potlucks!
This Strawberry Dessert Pizza might just be your new summer go-to dessert. Try it and let me know what you think!
Looking for More Scrumptious Strawberry Recipes?
- Strawberry Chocolate Mint Smoothies
- Fresh Strawberry Cake Recipe
- Strawberry Shortcake S’mores
- Lemon Ricotta Crepe Cake with Strawberry Sauce
- Strawberry Ice Cream from A Latte Food
Also, Check out our Vegan Fruit Pizza. It’s Gluten-Free as well!
The Best Strawberry Cookie Pizza Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 10x15-inch rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Then scrape the bowl and add the egg and vanilla. Beat again to combine. Then with the mixer running, slowly add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Scrape the bowl and beat again until smooth.
- Dump the cookie dough out onto the prepared baking sheet. Use your hands to press the dough out evenly from corner to corner. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, mix the softened goat cheese and honey together until smooth. Once the cookie base comes out of the oven, allow it to cool for 5 minutes, then spread the goat cheese evenly over the base while it's still a little warm.
- Hull the strawberries and slice into thin pieces. Start at one end and line the strawberry slices across the pizza, overlapping each row for complete coverage. Cut and serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve.