Roasted Root Vegetables Salad
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
A gorgeous filling fall salad made with roasted root vegetables, cilantro dressing, and a savory granola topping for crunch! Today’s salad turns any mundane meal into an occasion.
Roasted root vegetables are one of my most used go-to side dishes. In fact, I want to say we eat them at least once a week.
It’s so easy to chop up a few sweet potatoes, beets, turnips, parsnips, or carrots and throw them in the oven… sometimes I do it before I even decide what the rest of the meal will be.
Roasted root vegetables offer great color, flavor, and texture at meal time. They are packed with nutrients, and you can eat them on their own, or use them to spruce up other dishes.
I often throw them in salads or soup, and on occasion they end up in a frittata, quiche or casserole.
Today’s salad is one of my personal favorites, because it’s colorful and bursting with flavor. I roasted baby new potatoes, gold and red beets, and sweet potatoes in the oven until tender on the inside, but crisp on the outside.
Then I mixed them with fresh arugula and topped the salad with a cilantro dressing, reminiscent of Indian green chutney, and a spiced savory granola for crunch.
The combination of the rustic fall vegetables, bright herby dressing, and nutty crunch is a feast for the senses.
The garlic and touch of curry powder in the savory granola, complements the vibrant cilantro dressing perfectly, offering a slightly exotic note to the roasted root vegetables in the salad.
I could eat this salad everyday… at least through the fall.
What’s even better, I can feel good about doing so.
Every bite of textural bliss is loaded with vitamins and minerals to keep my family healthy and strong.
Roasted Root Vegetables Salad
- 3 ounces fresh arugula leaves
For the Roasted Root Vegetables:
For the Savory Granola:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Place the golden beets, potatoes, and shallots on one rimmed baking sheet, and the sweet potatoes and red beets on another. Drizzle both with olive oil, shake to coat, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes, until tender but crisp.
- Pour the oats, pepitas, and almonds on another rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with melted butter over the top and toss to coat. Add the spices and salt. Toss again and spread the granola out as thin as possible. Place in the oven for 5-10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Place all the ingredients for the cilantro dressing in a blender, including the cilantro stems. Puree until smooth then salt and pepper to taste.
- The serve, toss the warm roasted root vegetables with the arugula and place on a platter. Drizzle the cilantro dressing over the top, and sprinkle with as much savory granola as desired.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!