Yield: 6-8 servings
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:40 minutes
We love this amazing Pumpkin Chili Recipe! Zesty earthy chili made with pumpkin pure for an unexpected richness that beats tomatoes.
- 2 pounds ground pork (or ground chicken)
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 chipotle peppers canned in adobo sauce, chopped
- 29 ounce can 100% pure pumpkin puree
- 2 – 12 ounce bottles hard cider (gluten free)
- 2 – 15 ounce cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-2 bay leaves
- Optional Toppings: sour cream, cilantro, red onion
- Place a large sauce pot over medium heat. Add the ground pork and break into small pieces with a wooden spoon. Add the chopped onion, bell pepper, garlic, and chipotle peppers. Cook until the meat is browned and the onions are soft.
- Pour the pumpkin puree, hard ciders, beans, and chicken broth into the pot. Add chili powder, cumin, salt, cinnamon, and bay leaves. Stir well.
- Simmer for at least 30 minutes on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Serve warm with toppings if deserved.
Yield: 6-8 servings, Serving Size: 8
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 781 Calories
- Total Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 83mg
- Sodium: 1141mg
- Carbohydrates: 95.4g
- Fiber: 10.7g
- Sugar: 52.9g
- Protein: 38.7g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
PAGE: 1 2